Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Interesting response to a FS AD

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RVTECH, Feb 15, 2016.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I have a gun for sale on a FB group and I received a message from a person Friday night saying he wanted to buy it and will "Be in Bend this evening". SO I responded and said I had a deal in the works but if anything changes I'll keep him in mind. He responded again and said he will 'Be in between Sisters and Bend all weekend" So getting a little impatient I said "One more time - I have a deal in the works etc" AND I added "BTW do you have an FFL available to accomplish the transfer?" To which he replied "Ok I'll look elsewhere". So was I being 'baited' into a possible illegal FTF deal?

2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Good catch. I ignore anything having the slightest hint of sketchiness.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe baited, either by an anti trying to catch you in the act, or just someone that thinks they can bypass the law. I know there are folks out there that 'will not comply', but it's pretty foolish to think you can ask something like that of a stranger. Third option is that they aren't even aware of SB941 - I am still running into people like that regularly. I did a sale to a guy just recently who told me he had only just learned about SB941.

But back to your guy, yeah, I agree with you and 308 - anything that seems off or strange or even poor communication is enough for me to end a deal.

4. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

It also sounds like the guy was one of those people who have a hard time with email and couldn't keep up with your responses :D

Caveman Jim, Joe13 and etrain16 like this.
  5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I doubt it was anyone Law related.

Possibly an anti or news group but I think that is slim.

Most likely a bubba looking for a new gun but not wanting to be in the registry.

clearconscience, Ura-Ki and etrain16 like this.
  6. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

he is probably writing in his normal gun board
    ".......and I think he wanted me to go through with a backround check...., I think he was probably a cop"

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Y'all are missing the "free gun" angle.

8. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I'm all for the black market solution; after all the law is unconstitutional and immoral. Isn't there a duty to disobey such laws? But yeah, one has to take some kind of precautions. That's the excitement of black market transactions...
    http://ncc-1776.org/tle2016/tle858-20160207-04.html

Joe13 and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

break down
    sweet.....
    nice, a contingency to the first sale !
    ok, just letting you know "hey, if it falls through I'll be around the area all weekend"
    whoa, he thinks "ok ....I guess he has a pretty sure thing going and for the third time told me about it ....and then asks me if I have an FFL?.....moving on"

totally overreacting imo....should have kept him on the hook if the first sale fell through.
    you would then know for sure , and possibly make a real impact saving someone down the road but we'll never know

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've been posting guns for sale, no FFL, no background check by me and buy my guns on fracking FB for a week to try and make them shut down my page.

11. RVTECH

While I can understand it sounded like I was asking him if HE had an FFL - I should have been a bit more clear when I asked "BTW do you have an FFL available to accomplish the transfer?" which was intended to mean a shop or individual available for the transfer. Regardless one of two things - either he was NOT aware of SB 941 or was hoping he found someone who would 'overlook' it.

Joe13 likes this.
  12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Being baited... Doubtful.

I can't blame them though. Being patient would have been a good thing by them, shows their age.

13. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

I agree with the will not comply philosophy, however things have changed we all know the
    Prozasnki's fargun icehole emergency clause was 100% bullslitz as we are here with a law that needed to be done at once and there are no arrest, not a one. So were is the emergency. I friucking hate these guys sometimes so much waste of tax payer time and we all know the feel good law did nothing but make us feel bad. I am going to say this might have been a bait and switch OP as there are many infiltrators and racebaiter types wanting to get notoriety for something.
    Just like the gun shows where they tried all over the USA to try and find some loops holes and only did when there was a screw up not a deliberate act. I find it funny our lobbys here in Oregon says no compromise yet have not helped lead a revolt against SB941 compliance. If people would have in force by-passed this law it would have become useless instead like usual lately all the kicking, and screaming we were all still hauled away to the deep by the sharks.
    But lets all make sure we keep giving our money for no compliance maybe someday it will be more then just a feel good slogan.:mad::mad::mad:

etrain16 likes this.
  14. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Meet him and show up all in black and give him a resounding Allahu Snackbar!

Brutus Out

clearconscience, oknow and DuneHopper like this.
  15. RVTECH

I will mention however I looked at his FB page and he appeared to be of Native American decent and was from Burns so like I said quite possibly he was NOT aware of 941 - or maybe thought it did not apply to him.

MisterLe likes this.
  16. RVTECH

I think people are, but that's just from the stories I am hearing - I don't know anyone personally who is 'not complying'

17. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3qpnya.jpg

Flopsweat likes this.
  18. DuneHopper

Yea I was thinking about Johny Dangerously when I started writing hehe.;)

etrain16 likes this.
  19. DuneHopper

;)

20. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I really only sell to someone I know, on here or go through gunbroker.com.

Too many sketchy people looking to rob you or just wouldn't pass a BGC.

If you sell on armslist or the like I would have a friend in the trees with a clear line of sight.

MisterLe and DuneHopper like this.