JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That prosecutor and any detectives who ignored physical evidence in favor of statements from the attackers should be fired.

We're not talking about a hair with DNA that was missed here. We're talking about the attackers blatantly lying about where the events transpired, and physical evidence that was crystal clear in showing that.

IMO that's an absolute dereliction of duty and a complete waste of tax payer money.

Question for any members with legal expertise: how would this play in WA State?
A) In the Peoples' Republic of Seattle & Environs (North San Francisco/Santa Monica)?
and
B) In the part of the state located in Free America? (That part identifying socially and politically with rest of the Western USA)?
c.) If one is obviously physically inferior to the combined might of the assailants? e.g. age >60, orthopedic injuries, etc?
D.) How much does the law requiring the State to cover legal expenses in a finding of self-defense restrain the malicious prosecutions? I have seen people walk in situations that totally astounded me (assuming there was any resemblance between what the public is told and what happened) but I sure wouldn't depend on that phenomenon saving me. One example was the man who spent the night in a non-abode property he owned after a burglary or 2. When the thief returned the property owner pulled a pump shotgun and the burglar took off (accomplice outside). The property owner shot the thief in the gluteus as he fled and was stupid enough to say :nuts: he shot to scare him. No charges were filed :huh: even after such a breathtaking paroxysm in astounding stupidity in (a.) shooting the fleeing goblin (b) admitting in shooting to scare, which is also admitting that he didn't feel like he was threatened with being killed or maimed. (Actually it would fly in TX where it's legal to shoot a thief on your property after dark.)
Poster has several NRA instructor certs, training at FAS & Insights, carries regularly, is polite and cordial to all. Too old to fight, too fat to run.

Question for any members with legal expertise: how would this play in WA State?
A) In the Peoples' Republic of Seattle & Environs (North San Francisco/Santa Monica)?
and
B) In the part of the state located in Free America? (That part identifying socially and politically with rest of the Western USA)?
c.) If one is obviously physically inferior to the combined might of the assailants? e.g. age >60, orthopedic injuries, etc?
D.) How much does the law requiring the State to cover legal expenses in a finding of self-defense restrain the malicious prosecutions? I have seen people walk in situations that totally astounded me (assuming there was any resemblance between what the public is told and what happened) but I sure wouldn't depend on that phenomenon saving me. One example was the man who spent the night in a non-abode property he owned after a burglary or 2. When the thief returned the property owner pulled a pump shotgun and the burglar took off (accomplice outside). The property owner shot the thief in the gluteus as he fled and was stupid enough to say :nuts: he shot to scare him. No charges were filed :huh: even after such a breathtaking paroxysm in astounding stupidity in (a.) shooting the fleeing goblin (b) admitting in shooting to scare, which is also admitting that he didn't feel like he was threatened with being killed or maimed. (Actually it would fly in TX where it's legal to shoot a thief on your property after dark.)
Poster has several NRA instructor certs, training at FAS & Insights, carries regularly, is polite and cordial to all. Too old to fight, too fat to run.

it would fly in florida too. it happens to be specifically mentioned as legal to shoot a retreating person who has entered your home illegally.

This is the part that stands out to me as far as the aftermath goes.

"After recounting his ordeal from beginning to end,
Hickey emphasizes that he no longer believes that a trial
is about right and wrong, crime and justice. "It seems to
be about winning and losing," he muses."

I would go so far as to say that this is mostly the reality of life, regardless of what people want to believe is true.

Good information in there for sure!

Hadn't seen this before, but it's a good read. Dealing with cops, going to the police station, being charged, staying in jail, going to trial... definitely DIFFERENT than TV.

All it takes is one experience of watching a family member or friend go through the hell of being charged... the system is not stacked in your favor unless you have a good lawyer and people who can support you. This guy was lucky to not only have a good public defender, but experts like Ayoob coming out to bat for him.

But yeah... another reminder that in the unlikely event that you do have to shoot to defend yourself or your family... the 2nd call after 911 better be to get a good lawyer.

Hadn't seen this before, but it's a good read. Dealing with cops, going to the police station, being charged, staying in jail, going to trial... definitely DIFFERENT than TV.

All it takes is one experience of watching a family member or friend go through the hell of being charged... they system is not stacked in your favor unless you have a good lawyer and people who can support you. This guy was lucky to not only have a good public defender, but experts like Ayoob coming out to bat for him.

But yeah... another reminder that in the unlikely event that you do have to shoot to defend yourself or your family... the 2nd call after 911 better be to get a good lawyer.

Guys like Ayoob recommend you have a good self defense lawyer on retainer if you can afford it. At minimum have a card for one in your wallet

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top