JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is we have no where to secure it for you. ALL of your property will go with you. Which means at the hospital it will go to security just like your wallet, or any other valuables.

It can be secured at the hospital, I'm having a heart attack, I don't care where...just so long I can get it and my wallet back later if I still need them...:)

The scariest sentence in the English language according to Ronald Reagan is "I'm the government and I'm here to help you". Get yourself to an emergency room if you can help it. Calling the police will result in a 50 questions game while you lie there dying. Then they will say "oh well we were just following protocol that keeps us safe". The difference between soldiers and cops drives me nuts, I was trained to react regardless of my personal protection many police are triangulating their retirement, their girlfriend, their wife and your life and guess who will win.

If your dead from the heart attack it wont matter and your buddy will call an ambulance, if he gets shot or not depends on so many variables its like rolling dice in Vegas. If you can haul your carcas into a hospital that will give you a chance to tell the doc and he should stuff it somewhere until a loved one can get to you.

Just buy one of those $25 specials for sale on many street corners and you won't worry about what happens to your gun.

:D

"While the deceased had no criminal record, a firearm was found on his body that was traced to three armed robberies. A search of his house revealed several more firearms and hundreds of rounds ammunition, which were seized. Office Blart had no further comments, but the investigation is thought to be far from complete."
:s0103:

Why does everyone think the cops are trying to take your guns away. Most cops are pro guns and pro CHL. If you have a CHL I know I don't have anything to be concerned about during a normal contact. Under these circumstances the weapon would be released to a responsible party. If none were available it would be taken into safekeeping and released later. I know horror stories occasionally happen, but many of them are skewed by the media. Part of the problem is the police aren't good at being open with the media, because we are used to being burnt by them.

Why does everyone think the cops are trying to take your guns away. Most cops are pro guns and pro CHL. If you have a CHL I know I don't have anything to be concerned about during a normal contact.

Fortunately there are more pro gun cops in this part of the country than some other places. I have a friend who was going to school in Seattle and returned to visit his parents in CA. He had an exemption from getting his truck smoged until he returned from school out of state. When he got back to CA he met some friends at a bar on the way home just long enough to let them know he was in town and would be back later - walks back out and finds a cop blocking his truck as it was now back in state - they were towing it because he hadn't had it the smog check done. after trying to explain he had just returned to state and hadn't been home yet they told him too bad its getting towed. He asked if he could retrieve some of his stuff since he didn't want it going missing - sure. they see locked gun cases and proned him out. ran the SNs on them - most were registered to his father or uncle. they siezed the weapons and he had to have his dad and uncle go retrieve them which took about 3 days - and only after calling a family friend who was the local swat commander to get them to release the property. Apparently the officer told him he didn't care who's they were that they didn't belong to him and only LE should have guns anyhow... Now I know this is a case of one bad apple but it is prevalent in much of CA and several other parts of the country.

Fortunately there are more pro gun cops in this part of the country than some other places. I have a friend who was going to school in Seattle and returned to visit his parents in CA. He had an exemption from getting his truck smoged until he returned from school out of state. When he got back to CA he met some friends at a bar on the way home just long enough to let them know he was in town and would be back later - walks back out and finds a cop blocking his truck as it was now back in state - they were towing it because he hadn't had it the smog check done. after trying to explain he had just returned to state and hadn't been home yet they told him too bad its getting towed. He asked if he could retrieve some of his stuff since he didn't want it going missing - sure. they see locked gun cases and proned him out. ran the SNs on them - most were registered to his father or uncle. they siezed the weapons and he had to have his dad and uncle go retrieve them which took about 3 days - and only after calling a family friend who was the local swat commander to get them to release the property. Apparently the officer told him he didn't care who's they were that they didn't belong to him and only LE should have guns anyhow... Now I know this is a case of one bad apple but it is prevalent in much of CA and several other parts of the country.

That is why, if you have a problem with an officer, you file a formal complaint...eventually they will get the idea.

I was a Paramedic in Sacramento, we came across guns all the time and most were not from concealed carry legal folks but "gang banging shove it down the pants" types. So the obvious answer was to turn it over to the law enforcement who were usually present. But one notable patient was a US Marshall who was in a car accident, he was fully conscious and wanted to keep his sidearm with him (which I felt should be his right as he only had a cut from flying glass). The hospital freaked out when he informed them he was armed and refused to treat him till someone would come get his gun. No they would not let security take and store the weapon, and since most hospitals don't have armed guards (unless it's a university hospital with its own police force) I think most would still call the local police to come secure the weapon. Smaller towns may have different policies just due to the nature of more being use to guns in general.

I was a Paramedic in Sacramento, we came across guns all the time and most were not from concealed carry legal folks but "gang banging shove it down the pants" types. So the obvious answer was to turn it over to the law enforcement who were usually present. But one notable patient was a US Marshall who was in a car accident, he was fully conscious and wanted to keep his sidearm with him (which I felt should be his right as he only had a cut from flying glass). The hospital freaked out when he informed them he was armed and refused to treat him till someone would come get his gun. No they would not let security take and store the weapon, and since most hospitals don't have armed guards (unless it's a university hospital with its own police force) I think most would still call the local police to come secure the weapon. Smaller towns may have different policies just due to the nature of more being use to guns in general.

Boy, that smells like a law suit to me. refusing to treat a person with an injury is legally really dumb, and their reason is/was even dumber.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top