JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. When Bronson received the pistol in the mail, he introduced it as Mr. Wildey. And he did some pretty hellatious shooting with it.:)

WAYNO.

1929567_10863203769_3326_n_zps8631fd8f.jpg

Bronson's Wildey was chambered in 475 Wildey Magnum.caliber. In the movie he describes it as being " a cut down elephant cartridge" l could have bought one years ago for $1200. I have one cartridge in 475 Wildey magnum.

Last Edited:
Bronson - 454 Wildey semi auto, 6 in barrel, now back in production.
Eastwood - S&W revolver Model 29? .44 mag, 6 or 8 in. barrel
Except in the movie "Sudden Impact", where Callahan replaced his Model 29 with a .44 Auto-Mag.
There was a whole scene in that movie where he introduced that handgun.

...check it...

Dean

Except in the movie "Sudden Impact", where Callahan replaced his Model 29 with a .44 Auto-Mag.
There was a whole scene in that movie where he introduced that handgun.

...check it...

This thread started out about Bronson and the Wildey 475 magnum and morphed into Eastwood/Callahan's "Sudden Impact". Two different movies. I think we are both correct in our respective points.

Dean

No morphing Mongo.
It appears Sabertooth was correcting a post I made earlier, but had apparently forgotten about the segment I included in my last post.
I was just showing Saber that wasn't always the case.
...also just noticed he mentioned the Widley in the DW3 was chambered for .454 Widley.
I thought Widley only chambered those guns in .475 cal in those days (other calibers would be added later).

Dean

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews