JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is copied from the ATF website, I had assumed since it states "prior to" that silencershop is submitting the cleo notification
Prior to submission of the application to the Director, all applicants/transferees and responsible persons shall forward a completed copy of ATF Form 1 or ATF Form 4, or a completed copy of Form 5320.23, respectively, to the chief law enforcement officer of the locality in which the applicant or responsible person is located.

I would never willingly send the OR AG anything regarding a purchase. She is not on my side. Send it to the sheriff of your county

I just talked to a friend who's a jail deputy at WCSO, she worked in records for 2 years before becoming a deputy. She said she never saw a ATF CLEO notification letter come through records... so IDK what to think about that.

I just talked to a friend who's a jail deputy at WCSO, she worked in records for 2 years before becoming a deputy. She said she never saw a ATF CLEO notification letter come through records... so IDK what to think about that.
I've always doubted that the Sheriff ever needs them or keeps them. I think they get round filed

All my last ones have been mailed to the sheriffs office.

Honestly, I like the comment earlier about forming it into a paper airplane and throwing it in the direction of the sheriffs office.

Okay so I just called Silencershop and they do indeed handle the CLEO notification for you if you use their kiosk system, so that's nice know... and its going to the AG per the form, which may not be the best but that's what they are doing. So you don't really have the Sheriff option if you use their system, but if not using the kiosk then I guess you can do what you feel is best with the notification requirement.

Interesting. I just got a form 4 approved yesterday through a silencershop kiosk, it also shows the AG. I'm confused though... is silencer shop actually sending the info to the AG for me? or am I supposed to mail a copy of the form 4 to the AG so I too can get a phone call asking why I'm sending them this crap?

Silencer Shop sends it but you can change it to your local CLEO.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads