JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting, police equipment sure has changed. Amazing at one time sending uniformed officers out with 18 rounds of 158 gr .38 Special LRN's was considered adequate. Now some officers look like they're loaded for war...

Interesting, police equipment sure has changed. Amazing at one time sending uniformed officers out with 18 rounds of 158 gr .38 Special LRN's was considered adequate. Now some officers look like they're loaded for war...
Yeabut in all the Barnaby Jones documentaries he hip shoots a car with his snubnose .38 and it explodes with one round, proving the training back then was awesome and the power of the .38 is MORE than adequate.

Lol

Back when .38 was king for our brave thin blue line — Dad was issued a "1918 US Army" stamped S&W model 10 (M&P) when he signed up for a Pierce County Sheriff deputy job in 1962. Men of steel ;)

Interesting any agency would issue .38s when .357s could do the same thing but with an optional more powerful round. Would do a lot to defeat the jumping back and forth between cartridges that seems to happen

Back before the culture was destroyed there were a lot of cops that never got into a gunfight their entire career.

Love them revolvers, they make us old guys remember better days.

Thanks for posting.
Since seeing this, I think I've watched all of Uncle Scotty's (Scott Reitz) videos.
He's a great storyteller.

When he was on LAPD SWAT he could have shot a guy that he was going after in the crawl space of a house.
Days later the perp's father thanked him for not shooting his son.

We have some brave cops today, but back in the day I think we had more brave cops (per capita).

North Hollywood and Miami taught LE to not only be loaded, but overloaded.

Hello Dean,

I enjoyed watching this immensely and thank you for posting this!

I will show it to my husband.

When he used to own revolvers from a to z and more handguns than the final three semi automatic pistols that he owns now... he had several speed loaders in a few different brands and types/styles PLUS one famous one Made in Germany whose brand name escapes me now.

This is like a trip down memory lane looking at this video and what he showed me years ago.

When he sold his last remaining speed loader which was from Germany... he had many people who wanted it. It was a well known brand and sort of a collectible too. S.L. Variant? I am not positive if that was the name of it and he is sleeping now.

Thanks again for putting this up on the forum. Take care!

Sincerely,

Cate

Glad you enjoyed it Cate.
I think you're right, on the name of that speed loader. Sounds familiar.
Hello again,

I asked him if I got the brand NAME right or not when he got up.

I was correct. But sometimes, I CRS especially if I did NOT BUY IT from the gitgo as an original NIB buyer which HE was not me.

I personally never bought or owned a speed loader in any brand.

But I did try some of his speed loaders a few times MANY years ago.

Take care! Thanks again!

Cate

My Dad's dept (St Louis County PD) issues S&W 38s but authorized the carry of personal .357s. Most of the guys, including my Dad, carried 686s in uniform.
From that, l interpreted that the cats who were serious about the job packed cooler, personal weapons and the schlubs carried whatever trash the dept handed them... a matter of personal pride. I was like, 10 or 12 years old so what did l know?

It IS a war out there. And officers need to be geared up as well or better than the BGs.

North Hollywood and Miami taught LE to not only be loaded, but overloaded.
Indeed, in one of the most fear led decision making processes to date. Given the amount of cops, stops, and interactions...North Hollywood was an anomaly. Do we make decisions based on anomalies?

Wait...what's that? Every Town for Gun Safety is proposing full disarmament of the citizen population because of anomalous school shootings? Guess we should let them...we do make rash decisions after all. :rolleyes:

Indeed, in one of the most fear led decision making processes to date. Given the amount of cops, stops, and interactions...North Hollywood was an anomaly. Do we make decisions based on anomalies?

Wait...what's that? Every Town for Gun Safety is proposing full disarmament of the citizen population because of anomalous school shootings? Guess we should let them...we do make rash decisions after all. :rolleyes:
To me, if you can remember the name and particulars of that ONE time, it's hardly an epidemic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top