Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Interesting juxtaposition:

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, May 2, 2013.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This cartoon
    http://www.newyorker.com/images/2013/05/06/cartoons/130506_cartoon_031_a17358_p465.gif

Followed by this one
    http://www.newyorker.com/images/2013/05/06/cartoons/130506_cartoon_038_a17486_p465.gif

So what exactly were the British coming to do?

Here is a hint ..... What Pelosi, Reid and Obama want to

DISARM the AMERICANS

"One week later, on April 14th, General Gage received instructions from Secretary of State William Legge, Earl of Dartmouth (dispatched on 27th January), to disarm the rebels, who were known to have hidden weapons in Concord, among other locations, and to imprison the rebellion's leaders, especially Samuel Adams and John Hancock" - Paul Revere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cartoons from the Issue of May 6th, 2013 : The New Yorker

2. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

Both funny in their New Yorker sort of style. The first is a jab at our current lackadaisical attitudes, and the second a (misguided) point that rifles should only be for hunting.

When we start taking New Yorker cartoons seriously, we're in deep doo doo. Some are funny; some are not. But none is politically important except as a reflection of what New Yorker readers and editors are thinking.

So fess up: You subscribe to the New Yorker?

3. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Reddit -

and was looking thru the funnies there, once I found the one cartoon, I started down the others - then ah ha ...

DGU on Reddit
    Defensive Gun Use

There is plenty on Reddit which is NSFW, depending upon where you work.