JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Magazines over 5 rds are prohibited as well as "Military Ammunition". You would have had to explain to a game warden that you were playing
Swat or Navy Seal and not hunting. Think that would have gone over?

Paul,

Why would you assume I wouldn't have hunting ammo? Nevermind I already know why.

Ya know? I'm just not sure what to make of this myself.

On the other, why remove the hat? Why then change position? Hmmm... That's the part I don't understand. I guess that could have been a good tactic if they were looking for trouble. Which I guess you were unsure of.

As far as being at the dead end of a road, that's not a place that I usually like to go. It is a common practice for guys that go out to shoot to head out to "where the road ends", and is also often a dumping ground.

Either way, I'm just glad it wasn't me in your shoes this time.

That particular spot had a area that was suitable for 150 yard shot in a 270 degree vantage point. Since I didn't have a scoped rifle, and didn't feel like beating brush that day I wanted to be in a area where I would feel comfortable taking a clean shot with the rifle I had. As for moving, there are all sorts of reasons for doing that.

sounds like a weird story all around. To me it seems like you may have been 'hoping' to get shot at or something like that so that you could play Rambo but I don't know you and I wasn't there so its just my observation based on what I've read from your posts...I could be completely wrong; I hope I am. Usually when people fear for their life they will evade, escape, run, hide etc. (thats right you were mad...not in fear right? so you stalked them in anger?) Instead you took off your orange hat and headed for a better vantage point to watch them. When they first turned the opposite direction to shoot they obviously showed that they acknowledged your presence and you should have went about your business. When you hid and they could not see you any longer they would assume you left..I dont believe they then started shooting towards your car but its your story. What if they saw you spying on them with your AR15 looking all creepy posted up staring at them... My advice would be to relax before you get yourself or others hurt. Paranoia out at the local shooting spot is no bueno. Avoid confrontation

Wouldn't SHTF ammo be self-defense hollow point type while hunting ammo is generally a soft point ammo?

Hunting ammo by most state laws has to be "expanding" basically meaning no FMJ. Expanding can be SP, HP, Ballistic tip, ect. SHTF ammo would be ANY ammo you had....... well in my opinion.

Wouldn't SHTF ammo be self-defense hollow point type while hunting ammo is generally a soft point ammo?

Well M855 would make good shtf ammo imo because it can penatrate obstructions to get to the target. HP/SP would be great shtf ammo...fmj would work though right! as stated above...anything that goes bang would work for me. even Wolf can be shtf ammo if thats all u got ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top