JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two more reasons to love the free state.

Hunting:
1) No magazine restriction
2) Suppressors legal

26C34B3E-46FA-4BE4-B901-F6F776BB6115.png

1E2034F6-C1B5-4F95-B90F-B7B6DC147BB5.png

You can hunt deer with a suppressed .223/5.56 AR here in Oregon, you just need a 5rnd mag in any semi-auto.

My bolt-action .308 Tikka has a 10rnd mag that I could legally use, but if you need more than two shots you're doing it wrong in the first place. :D

On the flip side...Idaho is the only state in the union with this silly rule...

Q: Are laser range rifle scopes legal in Idaho for big game hunting?
A:

Fish and Game rules prohibit the use a firearm "with any electronic device attached to, or incorporated on, the firearm or scope; except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed." Therefore, laser rangefinding rifle scopes attached to a rifle would be illegal to use for big game hunting. A hand-held laser rangefinder is legal to use during big game hunting.

answered 12/22/2012

So that means no laser sights, no flashlights, no range finders (attached to the rifle) no scopes that link up to your range finder to display BDC hold based on range and ballistic data sent to the scope. (sig makes a scope that's 49 state legal that BT pairs with their range finder and a phone app for ballistic data. Idaho is the only state that the scope is not legal in.)

They also PO'd my dad with minimum muzzle loader caliber of .50 cal for elk.

He hunts with a custom .45 cal that he says can take down an elk at 400yds. He actually WANTS Fish & Game to cite him so he can challenge it in court. I'm afraid he's getting senile...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top