JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the other day, I opened a sealed case of Tula 7.62x39 because I wanted to load up some AK mags that had been emptied shooting recently, and this was literally the first round out of the first box. I have shot thousands of rounds of steel cased 7.62 and have never seen anything like this. I don't think it would've blown up my rifle or anything like that, but I'm sure lucky that it happened to be the first round I grabbed. This made me check all the rounds when I was opening the boxes to make sure they were GTG before I dumped them in an ammo can.

Usually when reloading mags, I'll just put something on TV to watch, and just grab rounds out of an ammo can without looking, because I'm usually loading up a bunch at a time. This will make me check all future ammo before putting it in ammo cans and mags. Anyone have any idea what happened to this round?

20210904_163522.jpg

Last Edited:
Yikes. Looks like the embargo is becoming retroactive.
I've had a 9mm round in brass a while back with a slightly irregular crimp in the same area. It's all mechanized. just Q/C missed it.

I've been collecting defective factory and reloaded ammunition for years. I use them in firearms training to show how important it is to inspect every round!
Besides primers in upside down I have a Winchester round without a primer OR flash hole!

Smiles,

Id raise an eyebrow and then determine that it will shoot fine because its up there by the casemouth. Aniting towards the primer end would be tossed.

Years ago I opened a fresh factory pack of Remington 45-70 to discover 19 new & 1 with deep primer indent as if fired. The bullet was intact and the brass was clean.

So the other day, I opened a sealed case of Tula 7.62x39 because I wanted to load up some AK mags that had been emptied shooting recently, and this was literally the first round out of the first box. I have shot thousands of rounds of steel cased 7.62 and have never seen anything like this. I don't think it would've blown up my rifle or anything like that, but I'm sure lucky that it happened to be the first round I grabbed. This made me check all the rounds when I was opening the boxes to make sure they were GTG before I dumped them in an ammo can.

Usually when reloading mags, I'll just put something on TV to watch, and just grab rounds out of an ammo can without looking, because I'm usually loading up a bunch at a time. This will make me check all future ammo before putting it in ammo cans and mags. Anyone have any idea what happened to this round?

View attachment 1025405
Just wrap a little duct tape on the neck…only gonna shoot it once….not like your reloading it or anything, right? 🤣

Many years ago I was shooting the old Mini-14 and instead of "bang!" I heard a small "poof".

I was shooting Wolf steel-case ammo. The round didn't fire but the primer went off and smoked around the bolt. On inspection, the primer was seated sideways!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top