JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tigard Pawn 4 More is my first choice for an FFL transfer even though I'm in the Gresham area.
They are the only FFl around that believe in your 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

Tigard Pawn 4 More is my first choice for an FFL transfer even though I'm in the Gresham area.
They are the only FFl around that believe in your 2nd amendment right to bear arms.
Hey sorry to get a little off topic but since we're both in the Gresham area... have you ever been by Rapid fire arms in Sandy? I've always gone to Keith's but sometimes it's hard to get help because I feel like everyone goes there. Looking to try some places where I can get a little more help.

Might try Tony at Advanced Firearms Training (AFT). Just west of where Burnside and Division cross. On the inside corner of the mini-mall, next to the mattress place.

I personally have done this within the last year; a seller here on NWFA who is a WA state resident (Vancouver) sold me a revolver (S&W Kit gun) at an Oregon FFL (NW Armory). There were no problems.

As long as the handgun gets to the FFL in the purchaser's home/resident state, the FFL can then transfer the handgun to the purchaser - it does not matter how it gets there.

Either the FFL in question is ignorant of the law or was trying to get the extra income from the fees - either way, very disappointing and I would not deal with that FFL in the future.

Seems odd.

To clarify:

Handgun owned by a Washington resident?

Wanted to trade Washington owned handgun for Oregon owned long gun?

Trade was to occur in Oregon by an Oregon FFL?

-Transfers should have gone thru no problem--

-------

Handgun owned by an Oregon resident? For a Washington long gun? Handgun portion of trade would have to occur in Washington (or ship it). Long gun portion of trade could occur in either state.

-------

We've bought several handguns from several Washington residents. Used Tigard Pawn for More a few times, and Northwest Armory. Northwest Armory is no longer a go to for us, unless the fee is included in the deal, because they charge too much.

Hey sorry to get a little off topic but since we're both in the Gresham area... have you ever been by Rapid fire arms in Sandy? I've always gone to Keith's but sometimes it's hard to get help because I feel like everyone goes there. Looking to try some places where I can get a little more help.
Money Market Pawn on 136th & SE Powell

+1 Tigard Pawn
+1 Money Market Pawn

Add Adaptive Firing Solutions in OC - $20 total, including the BGC and a guy that definitely supports the 2A. Cheapest around and a great guy to work with.

Avoid: Fisherman's or 99 Pawn on McLoughlin - both will hose you on private transfers.

Sorry you went through some BS. Reminds me of an experience I had Keithd several years back. But as others mentioned, you should not have had an issue. Ive done private party trades getting a handgun from a WA resident at money market pawn and tigard pawn 4 more.

+1 Tigard Pawn
+1 Money Market Pawn

Add Adaptive Firing Solutions in OC - $20 total, including the BGC and a guy that definitely supports the 2A. Cheapest around and a great guy to work with.

Avoid: Fisherman's or 99 Pawn on McLoughlin - both will hose you on private transfers.

Thats pretty close to me, thanks. Will have to save that one. Is it a shop or a person working from home?

I don't need to know which way the jackwagon travels.
For the Portland / Vancouver metro area I pretty much use:
pawn.jpg
Or:
transfer fees.jpg
Albeit I cut and saved these a long time ago so the cost have changed but still very reasonable.
You may expect welcoming folk attending you. Though some helpers are not so enlightened, there is always at least one in the know with both being very cordial with usually speedy results.
Tigard Pawn works well also..

Seems odd.

To clarify:

Handgun owned by a Washington resident?

Wanted to trade Washington owned handgun for Oregon owned long gun?

Trade was to occur in Oregon by an Oregon FFL?

-Transfers should have gone thru no problem--

-------

Handgun owned by an Oregon resident? For a Washington long gun? Handgun portion of trade would have to occur in Washington (or ship it). Long gun portion of trade could occur in either state.

-------

We've bought several handguns from several Washington residents. Used Tigard Pawn for More a few times, and Northwest Armory. Northwest Armory is no longer a go to for us, unless the fee is included in the deal, because they charge too much.

In short transfer must take place in state the recipient of handgun is resident of. No shipping required but if seller is from out of state then FFL must do the transfer.

It has been this way for decades regardless of state law. This is federal law.

Oregon and Washington both have additional laws that mandate all firearm transfers go thru FFL (except immediate family )

I buy a lot of guns on line and have always been curious about people worried about my FFL being willing to receiving a gun not sent by another FFL. We have never had an issue.......maby there are FFL's that won't......that may be what is going on here?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top