Interesting experience at a FFL today

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by jeffery_1965, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:07 PM.

Tags:
  1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke
    Eugene
    Curmudgeon Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

And I did one the other way. Took the handgun to WA where the purchaser resided and we completed the transaction at a WA FFL.

Slobray and Argonaut like this.
  2. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke
    Eugene
    Curmudgeon Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I have definitely run into FFLs who won't accept shipment except from another FFL. Dumb policy, but they are out there.

SKrueger and etrain16 like this.
  3. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Adaptive is home based, so you have to make an appointment, but he’s pretty flexible for a home based FFL compared to some others I’ve used.

4. jbett98

jbett98
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One of the FFl's that I use which is located near my home, refuses to accept shipments from private individuals because he's received firearms that were loaded with ammo.

5. Argonaut

Argonaut
    Weiser

Off course......I believe anyone should have the right to deal with anyone or have any policies they want. I would not dictate anyone do something they don’t want to. In my shop, if we don’t like a customer.....like he just seems crazy to deal with.......we assign an a...hole surcharge hoping they will go somewhere else.

6. 66PonyCar

66PonyCar
    Tigard, OR

I use Tigard Pawn For More for my transfers. They charge $25 for the transfer and background fee. I purchased a handgun from a forum member who was a resident of Washington. He brought the gun to Tigard Pawn For More. They did the transaction, no hassles or questions. It's legal for a non-resident to transfer a handgun to another person as along as the transfer occurs in the purchaser's state of residence.

jeffery_1965 and Argonaut like this.
  7. jeffery_1965

jeffery_1965
    Vancouver, Wa

Well chatted with the FFL today. As it turns out, he wasn't paying attention, and thought the Take Down rifle I was going to trade for was actually a pistol. Not sure what he thought the 18" long tube was... He said we certainly can and could do the deal since it was a rifle I was trading for. Unfortunately he wouldn't give us a deal on the transfers if we come back, even though he messed up the deal.

We were dealing with Money Market Pawn on Powell.

Now to see if the deal can be salvaged.

Jeff

SKrueger and Lilhigbee like this.
  8. jbett98

jbett98
    NW Oregon

I've done business with them before and can see why they didn't pay attention, as their local is really sketchy and the walk in customers are even sketchier. Their heads were on a swivel the whole time I was in there.

The Heretic and Lilhigbee like this.
  9. jeffery_1965

jeffery_1965
    Vancouver, Wa

Nobody else was in the store that I recall, but anyways, that's what happened. Thanks to everyone that provided all the info.

Jeff

Slobray and Lilhigbee like this.