JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was chatting a few days ago with a gent in a local gun store about Kali gun laws and that it looked like it was happening in Washington, now. I also told him all the bubblegum I went through to "legalize" my firearms for this Godforsaken excuse for a state.

He simply said..."I won't comply." I don't know of any LEOs in the northern counties who would enforce that BS." I told him since I moved here and didn't plan on becoming an instant felon since I have a squeaky clean record...I would play the game. Calexit and State of Jefferson can't come soon enough.

Brutus Out

SOJ Gadsden.png

The State of Jefferson's best chance is for California to vote to exit and Congress to recognize those counties that opposed the measure as loyalists and to grant them separate statehood like happened with West Virginia.

Some people think that California is too big, and this would be a chance to "cut them down to size." :cool:

The State of Jefferson's best chance is for California to vote to exit and Congress to recognize those counties that opposed the measure as loyalists and to grant them separate statehood like happened with West Virginia.

Some people think that California is too big, and this would be a chance to "cut them down to size." :cool:

That was my thought when I first heard of Calexit. It would make me a happy camper, that's for sure.....

In another note, since I had to register the freedom tools I brought NorCal with Cal DOJ or become an instant felon I noted Caliber- Multi on two of them, cause, well, you know, that's what it says on the lower receiver. WELLLLLLLLLLLL, apparently that isn't good enough for them so they sent my paperwork back. So I am at a loss....223 or 5.56?:rolleyes:
They did cash my $19.00 money order, however.

Brutus Out

I was chatting a few days ago with a gent in a local gun store about Kali gun laws and that it looked like it was happening in Washington, now. I also told him all the bubblegum I went through to "legalize" my firearms for this Godforsaken excuse for a state.

He simply said..."I won't comply." I don't know of any LEOs in the northern counties who would enforce that BS." I told him since I moved here and didn't plan on becoming an instant felon since I have a squeaky clean record...I would play the game. Calexit and State of Jefferson can't come soon enough.

Brutus Out

View attachment 340140

There are alot of these guys out there. It's easy to forget because they don't make as much noise as the other side. They don't scream or riot but they are out there.;)

Did a private sale with a retired Multnomah county sheriff's deputy a few years ago, pre SB941. He was also of the opinion of "I will not comply" as we discussed the upcoming bill. He also told me that even in Multco/Portland, they simply didn't have the resources for going after people for stuff like SB941 - he considered it a joke and said they are so backed up with 'real' criminals, they would never bother even trying to find folks violating SB941. He said at best it would be an add-on charge by the DA, and that's only if you had been arrested breaking some other law in the process.

Interesting to get LEO perspectives from time to time - I'm sure many don't say much just so they don't get in trouble with the bosses, but I do suspect many, if not most, are on our side and sympathetic to our plight.

If this ever comes true, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Count me in for petitions or whatever grunt (NO offense to all of you 11B's or 13somethings out there) work I can do. Anybody have any serious data on this I can study?

Brutus:
My fist is raised in solidarity.

Did a private sale with a retired Multnomah county sheriff's deputy a few years ago, pre SB941. He was also of the opinion of "I will not comply" as we discussed the upcoming bill. He also told me that even in Multco/Portland, they simply didn't have the resources for going after people for stuff like SB941 - he considered it a joke and said they are so backed up with 'real' criminals, they would never bother even trying to find folks violating SB941. He said at best it would be an add-on charge by the DA, and that's only if you had been arrested breaking some other law in the process.

Interesting to get LEO perspectives from time to time - I'm sure many don't say much just so they don't get in trouble with the bosses, but I do suspect many, if not most, are on our side and sympathetic to our plight.
And all that 'I won't comply' talk from him is great.....
BUT if HE gets caught in this he gets a stern warning if that
YOU get caught in it it's because someone you sold a gun to either did something bad or they resold to a bad guy or the gun got stolen
There inlies the rub. IF you ever get caught in these laws ,EVERYONE is in a pissy mood that's attached to it. Then comes the shnit storm. Then they have time and resources to enforce the law.
Not saying anyone on here would skirt the law, but if you are selling guns you really really need to know who you are selling to

Last Edited:
And all that 'I won't comply' talk from him is great.....
BUT if HE gets caught in this he frets a stern warning if that
YOU get caught in it it's because someone you sold a gun to either did something bad or they resold to a bad guy or the gun got stop.
There inlies the rub. IF you ever get caught in these laws ,EVERYONE is in a pissy mood that's attached to it. Then comes the shnit storm. Then they have time and resources to enforce the law.
Not saying anyone on here would skirt the law, but if you are selling guns you really really need to know who you are selling to

No doubt. Anyone needs to consider their own 'risk tolerance' when it comes to not complying with any law. Non compliance may be the right thing to do, but if you do so, know that you do run the risk of being prosecuted if they catch you and if they get a stick up their butt to make an example of you. I remind myself often that they have far more resources to come after me than I have resources to fight them. That helps inform my decision making process. If anyone chooses not to comply, simply do so fully informed.

To me, Will not comply is fine, a personal choice...but Joe Non compliance is at a range and some DEA or ATF guy shows up to shoot and they see you drop a 20 rd mag in Kali or God for bid have a flash hider instead of a noise muzzle brake...and off to jail you go. There are just too many Richard Craniums out there these days. Sure living in E Orygun or WA with plenty of wide open spaces to have fun terrific. But these days they do not really need probable cause to roust anyone. I know this I am too damn old and grumpy to go to court on some bubblegum liberal charge. I'd remind the judge and DA what miserable farging iceholes they and their parents were back to the beginning, goat-roping yellow belly sap sucking, claim jumping, horse thieves..... or something like that.

Remember some of these clowns shot down Lavoy F. for a peaceful protest....

Brutus Out

For sure non compliance is a personal thing.
One that you need to be smart about.
And as pointed out above , you need to be prepared to be made an example out of.
I'm not saying that I have done any non compliance , but I bet the new law of a BGC for every sale has created more "criminals" thru non compliance.

Show up at a public range with a illegal magazine or attachment ... Then I gotta ask :
"What were you thinking?"

Sell or trade to my good buddy that I trust explicitly without going through a BGC? ... Well this is a public forum and I always obey the law no matter how ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I think that as soon as a law becomes a hardship for the law abiding citizen , it then ceases to be a instrument of justice and becomes a instrument of tyranny.
Andy

Just goes to show how much the pencil pushers in the state buildings are out of touch. Why would you allow an electrician to fix your plumbing...sayin'

As a licensed electrician in the state of Oregon, let me just go on record as saying I have no interest in touching your plumbing, even if you do buy me dinner first :rolleyes:

There are a lot more 'will not comply' in CA than anyone would ever imagine. They are quiet. They are not on the net screaming about it. They are truly the silent majority.

The evil powers that want to disarm the US population know it is a long game and are hoping these people die out and their firearms turned in and in a generation or two their ultimate disarmed dystopia will reign and the idea of freedom and liberty lost to time and a distorted rewrite of history.

It's our job to raise our children to defy efforts to reduce our rights to mere privileges which can be stripped with the stroke of a pen. Teach them the ideology of those that created this great nation their goals of liberty and self governing. Do not let those that want to marginalize these great men and their ideas of liberty by claiming they're all white, all men and all slave owners, ALL BAD. This is simple historical ethnocentrism, judging others in the 18th century through the lens of the 21st century.

I'll just stop here as I don't want to get all red faced on this soap box if have found myself upon....

Do not let those that want to marginalize these great men and their ideas of liberty by claiming they're all white, all men and all slave owners, ALL BAD. This is simple historical ethnocentrism, judging others in the 18th century through the lens of the 21st century.
My usual reply to those who throw this in my face when I say that I like George Washington* or Thomas Jefferson is :
Well so what? ... It was what was done at the time. It doesn't mean that I support it now.
One needs to look at the whole man and his total works as you said thru a 18th century lens and not a 21st century one.

*If I were to have a "beef" with Washington it would be because he took to the field commanding troops , while President , during the whiskey Rebellion of 1791.
Didn't we just fight a war with that as one of our reasons for breaking away from England?

Excellent post Martini Up.
Andy

Last Edited:
To me, Will not comply is fine, a personal choice...but Joe Non compliance is at a range and some DEA or ATF guy shows up to shoot and they see you drop a 20 rd mag in Kali or God for bid have a flash hider instead of a noise muzzle brake...and off to jail you go. There are just too many Richard Craniums out there these days. Sure living in E Orygun or WA with plenty of wide open spaces to have fun terrific. But these days they do not really need probable cause to roust anyone. I know this I am too damn old and grumpy to go to court on some bubblegum liberal charge. I'd remind the judge and DA what miserable farging iceholes they and their parents were back to the beginning, goat-roping yellow belly sap sucking, claim jumping, horse thieves..... or something like that.

Remember some of these clowns shot down Lavoy F. for a peaceful protest....

Brutus Out

Never Forget!!!!!

*If I were to have a "beef" with Washington it would be because he took to the field commanding troops , while President , during the whiskey Rebellion of 1791.
Didn't we just fight a war with that as one of our reasons for breaking away from England?
True... but even there he still deserves respect for going out and doing it himself leading rather than sending some henchmen like Obozo would.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top