JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to one of our banks today on my lunch to put some $$ into the main checking account to cover something I had purchased. I figure if I use the general fund for firearms or firearm related stuff I should probably put it back to keep the Mrs face from getting to wrinkly from giving me the stink eye. I go up to the counter to a nice young asian lady and tell her I need to make a deposit into checking, it's only a few hundred but I tell her it's to keep the Mrs happy w/me, just making small talk. She asks if this is a weekly thing, I laugh and tell her it's for things that the wife might not necessarily approve of or give me the green light on without some grief. Her eyebrows go up, I smile, she say's 'like what?'. It's a little prying but she's cute and I like to talk so I said 'gun stuff', and then say it's not that my wife is against it she just feels like I have waaay more than enough 'gun stuff'. Then, this little gal (did I mention she was cute and young?) say's "I love shooting guns!". I about crapped myself! She goes on to say that one of her co-workers and her husband love to shoot and she goes to the range with them whenever she can. I just say 'guns are fun', she's like 'yes they are, a lot of fun!'.

Made my morning. So happy to see a young lady enthusiastic about shooting. I felt like I could have sat down and chatted guns w/her my whole lunch. I'd like to meet her dad.

On a side note just prior to going to the bank I stopped into Winco to get a couple gun magazines. On the way back out to my car there was a couple getting into their car and the guys loudly explaining over the top of the car to the lady getting into the passenger seat that you never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire the gun. He's got his hand up like he's holding a pistol w/his trigger finger pointed straight ahead.

Pretty good lunch, my wife made me a ham sandwich w/my homemade sourdough bread. Good stuff, gun talk just made it better :)

I went to one of our banks today on my lunch to put some $$ into the main checking account to cover something I had purchased. I figure if I use the general fund for firearms or firearm related stuff I should probably put it back to keep the Mrs face from getting to wrinkly from giving me the stink eye. I go up to the counter to a nice young asian lady and tell her I need to make a deposit into checking, it's only a few hundred but I tell her it's to keep the Mrs happy w/me, just making small talk. She asks if this is a weekly thing, I laugh and tell her it's for things that the wife might not necessarily approve of or give me the green light on without some grief. Her eyebrows go up, I smile, she say's 'like what?'. It's a little prying but she's cute and I like to talk so I said 'gun stuff', and then say it's not that my wife is against it she just feels like I have waaay more than enough 'gun stuff'. Then, this little gal (did I mention she was cute and young?) say's "I love shooting guns!". I about crapped myself! She goes on to say that one of her co-workers and her husband love to shoot and she goes to the range with them whenever she can. I just say 'guns are fun', she's like 'yes they are, a lot of fun!'.

Made my morning. So happy to see a young lady enthusiastic about shooting. I felt like I could have sat down and chatted guns w/her my whole lunch. I'd like to meet her dad.

On a side note just prior to going to the bank I stopped into Winco to get a couple gun magazines. On the way back out to my car there was a couple getting into their car and the guys loudly explaining over the top of the car to the lady getting into the passenger seat that you never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire the gun. He's got his hand up like he's holding a pistol w/his trigger finger pointed straight ahead.

Pretty good lunch, my wife made me a ham sandwich w/my homemade sourdough bread. Good stuff, gun talk just made it better :)

When I first started reading this I thought that the story was going to take a completely different turn.

Sounds like a fine afternoon.:D

And hey, you didn't crap your pants. That's always a plus.

The bread
DSCF1220.JPG

:)

Oregon can have some surprises, particularly for this California escapee who spent the last 20 years working in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am very cautious about talking firearms.

When I was working with the Oregon Department of Human Services here in Salem, three out of the four women in the office used their lunch hours to pick up their deer tags. I am sure I just stood there slack jawed from surprise. THAT sort of conversation would not likely happen in California government offices.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews