JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a problem I didnt think I'd ever have.

A few nights ago well after dark my daughter says she heard someone walking on the back deck. Well, the back yard is closed off with locked gates so if someone was back there they would be up to no good.

Wife says, "you better bring a gun if you are going back there" and I say "hell yeah Im bringing a gun":D

So I go over to the safe and here's the problem.

I had no idea what to grab. I stood there for a good minute trying to decide what to use.

Do I take the Kriss, Space gun with a tactical light and freakin lasers and 30 rounds of 45. But if its only a cat and the neighbors see me acting all tactical with a long gun in the back yard they are going to freak out.

Thought about taking the 60 year old Hi Power. That would be a cool story defending the house with a gun that was once used by the SAS.

Thought about taking 2 guns, just in case I needed to slide down the deck railing Hard Boiled style

fKbqmln.jpg

Anyway, it was nothing. The neighbor was in his back yard making noise. (I really wasnt that worried)

Anyone else have that problem? possible home intruder and you cant decide which gun to use?

:D

9fXVqQv.jpg

Last Edited:
It would probably be the AR carbine, which is loaded with semi-jacketed frangible ammo, and has a PX6 Surefire light on it, with Aimpoint PRO optics.

It is the most accurate and effective gun I have, therefore probably the safest for me and my neighbors.

True story
A few years ago, after news of a workplace shooting down in Cali.
My boss came up to me all agitated and said "Do you have a gun!?"
I asked "what's up?"
She related the news and concluded with "and you're a hunter, you have guns!"
I replied that I was indeed a hunter, and reminded her of my Marine background.
"Margaret, can I be candid with you?" She told me to go-ahead.
"If I were really and truly going to go postal" I paused for drama
She was squirming, finally blurting "What would you do!?"
Continuing, "I would go home, and open my gun safe" pause again...(for tension)
"AND!?"
"I'd start to shivver because I couldn't decide which one of my 34 handguns and rifles to use"

She thought about that for a minute, realized she'd been had, called me a bustard, and stomped off to her office.

It is always the problems you dismiss that play a role in your undoing; I suggest you increase your perimeter lighting along w/motion sensors and an IR security camera set-up, this will increase your decision making window of opportunity.
also carry while in the home

I keep my 6" gp100 in my quick access safe (buy mechanical locks not the cheap electric ones) with Hornady .357 mag defense loads and a speed loader with the same to toss in a pocket on the off chance ninjas and pirates come for my lucky charms.

Seriously though, I am very proficient with all of my firearms but have a go to gun to help prevent what the OP experienced. I also have a 9mm my wife knows inside and out for her to grab and stay put while I go investigate.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

KelTec KSG with laser and light, 7rds buck and 7 slugs waiting. :s0015:

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top