Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Interesting bit about Colt

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Liberty97045, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

mmmmm I got nuttin.

Is there suppose to be a link?

3. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

Hmm, it showed up for me. I redid the link using the add link function instead of pasting it in.

4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I see it now

5. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

Too bad that today's Colt doesn't have someone with similar marketing skills..........................

6. Hill

Hill pnw Member

Sam had a vested interest of course, but I'd say that Colt has some marketing skills to keep getting the U.S. rifle contracts despite the many competitors. Skills or lots of lobbying money - both work.

7. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Lobbying and marketing skills had little to do with it...more like a lot of court protests when they've been outbid and constant threats if they do not retain the military contract to sue since the US military released their full, patened bluprint of the rifle in their Technical Manual...opening the Pandora's box of manufacturers...hence why the Colt biasness. The military has been trying to upgrade the M4 platform for years, but Colt keeps winning these court protests every time they try to seek out a new rifle...

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...l?col=7000023435630&comp=7000023435630&rank=4

*edit*

This is a much better read about the Colt/Military relationship and the military's obstacles trying to switch manufacturers, upgrage their M4s and trying to switch platforms altogether.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-usas-m4-carbine-controversy-03289/