JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CC for the 'useful idiots' has become a religion.

The CC political overseer 'insiders' know it's another method of controlling the masses while making oodles of moola.

Exactly. I am dubious on climate change, I have tried to have some discussions about it with "true believers" and they flat out won't talk about. Seems an awful lot like a religion to me at this point.

Of course CC is real, it just isn't manmade - it's been going on since the earth came into being...

Factoid: When dinosaurs roamed the earth, the atmosphere couldn't be breathed (and live) by man as we know him today.

The climate is and always will be changing...per natural means.

To make this about guns so that it is not a "political" thread is the same stretch that the CC true believers use. Mods are allowing it but I don't like it.

1. The military admits that the alarm they had for CC was unfounded. They have now changed and you don't hear/read about this concerning military.

2. CO2 is at least neutral as the effects balance out. IF it has a greenhouse effect, and I don't believe it does, that effect is balanced by CO2 feeding or causing more plants to grow. Thereby shielding more ground from the sun and having a cooling effect. CO2 itself in the atmosphere may have a shielding effect.

3. Climate will change. It sucks. Get over it. Is it changing now... the trend analysis lacks enough time to really tell. It could be any short term trend will then reverse a few years later. We don't really know.

1. The military admits that the alarm they had for CC was unfounded. They have now changed and you don't hear/read about this concerning military.

Trump has actively been mandating the narrative be changed, so that doesn't mean anything.

3. Climate will change. It sucks. Get over it. Is it changing now... the trend analysis lacks enough time to really tell. It could be any short term trend will then reverse a few years later. We don't really know.

I don't concern myself about the politics of it much because I don't see human nature changing and if you want to "follow the money", then you need to follow those opposing the science - i.e., petroleum corps, coal, polluters, mining corps and so on - this is who Trump represents and why the narrative from the gov has changed.

So I don't see any change in politics as being possible because of the monied interest's short term view not caring about the effects, only the $$$ in their pockets for next quarter bonuses. There is a reason a lot of people of power and money are buying retreats in out of the way places.

That isn't going to change and there is almost nothing the individual can do to make it change while so many people deny what is happening. So I just prepare for the inevitable. Do or don't - that is up to you - for me, I have the opportunity to prepare for my kids and that is what I am doing. what the politicians and corps do is out of my control.

1) Man made global warming is a geopolitical ruse to construct institutions of control over people. Think about how rulers used religion for centuries to control the masses. In this current age where the sheep are now enlightened and are no longer scared of religion (most), TPTB needed a "new religion".... the religion of green.

2) The earths climate is affected by many outside forces, where it travels through space, its tilt, its axis wobble, volcanoes and big giant meteors. Self-loathing-woke-idiots look under every stone to blame humans for all of the above. Personally, I can't wait for Yellowstone to blow.

3) She works for PNAS (giggity).

If you think that humans don't significantly contribute to climate change then you are fooling yourself.

If you think that there are not people on both sides of the issue working the issue to their financial and political benefit, then you are fooling yourself.

My POV is that I can't significantly do anything much to change either fact as human nature will just keep going on the way it is going and it is billions of others to my one. So it is a waste of time to debate the issue with those who have their minds made up - instead I am going to work on the issue at my level; prep for the worst and hope for the best. Being a cynic when it comes to humans, I don't have much hope.

I dont think the question is that the climate is changing, its always been changing.. the real question is are humans causing it.
I just see it as a money grab, o'l Al Gore has made millions schlepping this stuff.. and I am sure all these " green " companies are as well..
The bottom line is its about making a few people rich and everyone else poor, just like the middle ages:rolleyes:

I dont think the question is that the climate is changing, its always been changing.. the real question is are humans causing it.
I just see it as a money grab, o'l Al Gore has made millions schlepping this stuff.. and I am sure all these " green " companies are as well..
The bottom line is its about making a few people rich and everyone else poor, just like the middle ages:rolleyes:

Authors make millions by writing books. I don't have a problem with that - I would like to do it someday.

Corporations and CEOs make billions, tens of billions by polluting. That I have a problem with.

If you think Gore is pushing his agenda just to sell a book and that corporations are not manipulating politicians and laws so they can continue to turn a profit by polluting, then you are naive.

Are some of you implying that globally, some of the brightest minds in the world who support anthropogenic climate change holding PhDs in biology, geophysics, astrophysics, and hydrology from some of the most prestigious schools and universities in the world as well as NASA, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, and hundreds of other prominent scientific organizations in the world are all in a conspiracy to control the populace and fleece humanity by perpetuating a hoax?

It's like having a dialogue with a flat earther. No matter how much scientific evidence you present to show the sheer irrationality of the position, there will always be a rebuttal of some sort as the person has invested themselves in this belief to fit their particular narrative.
"Bro, did you go to school or what? See this footage showing the curvature of the earth?" "Oh, that's all a global conspiracy and space travel is, in fact, a hoax." There is no discourse or rational arguments possible at this point.

Authors make millions by writing books. I don't have a problem with that - I would like to do it someday.

Corporations and CEOs make billions, tens of billions by polluting. That I have a problem with.

If you think Gore is pushing his agenda just to sell a book and that corporations are not manipulating politicians and laws so they can continue to turn a profit by polluting, then you are naive.
Not naive, just realistic. Its all about the $$$. the greenies push their agendas, the big corporate polluters push theirs. Face it, we can cut all our global emissions by 100% and it will not do a thing other then make everyone unemployed and forced to beg to their masters.. ie Corporations or the .gov

Let's remember to keep it civil please. Love the discussion but let's make sure we aren't riding the fence on personal attacks.

We have those who disagree with it and those who believe it is here and important, in the actions of today on this forum let's make sure it does not interfere with our ability to be civil and go shooting with one another, not at one another.

Thanks
-Dyj

We are nowhere near the medieval or roman warm periods. During the medieval warm period, there were vineyards in Scotland. I believe that there are observable temperature cycles that have little to nothing to do with man. Those are being ignored. Many of the cc folks push their agenda through logical fallacies. Too many folks assume that the earth is in a steady state and that humans are the variable. Seems to me there are literally thousands of variables and humans are a minor one. Look up how much a volcano releases in greenhouse gasses.

Are some of you implying that globally, some of the brightest minds in the world who support anthropogenic climate change holding PhDs in biology, geophysics, astrophysics, and hydrology from some of the most prestigious schools and universities in the world as well as NASA, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, and hundreds of other prominent scientific organizations in the world are all in a conspiracy to control the populace and fleece humanity by perpetuating a hoax?

It's like having a dialogue with a flat earther. No matter how much scientific evidence you present to show the sheer irrationality of the position, there will always be a rebuttal of some sort as the person has invested themselves in this belief to fit their particular narrative.
"Bro, did you go to school or what? See this footage showing the curvature of the earth?" "Oh, that's all a global conspiracy and space travel is, in fact, a hoax." There is no discourse or rational arguments possible at this point.

Yes. not intentionally, but yes.

I'm not able to connect keeping our gun rights to believing in climate change.

It isn't man made. Cut and dry.

To make this about guns so that it is not a "political" thread is the same stretch that the CC true believers use. Mods are allowing it but I don't like it.

I do not mean that the pro-gun side has to believe in climate change to keep our gun rights. Sorry if that's the way it sounded. I personally don't know how to do it, but we need to come up with a way to outmaneuver the party of gun control (which is also the party of man-made climate believers) politically, including on climate change, so they don't take power which will endanger our gun rights. Just like Mitch McConnell did on the Green New Deal vote. Not one senator voted for it - not even the sponsors! Hilarious! Understanding the science on CO2 and warming (if any), may help our side craft a ballot-box-winning plan, whether it's real or not. ;)

For Oregon, I think the legislature should give 'em exactly what they want. Give the DMV access to voter registration records, and do not allow members of the "party of man-made climate believers" to license a new car unless it is an electric car. The only fossil fuel vehicles they will be allowed to license are currently-owned vehicles. That's what they want, right? :D Write the legislature and tell them to pass this plan into law. Ditto for WA, CA, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top