Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Interesting 10-22 mag

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Mutoman, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

looks fiddly and overly complicated.... I would be leery of the dependability... Id like you to buy one and tell me how it works though :)

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dune Raider

Dune Raider Eugene New Member

First I've seen of them. Looks pretty cool. And really not that bad of a price, considering they were selling BX-25's for $45 at the gun show this last weekend. :paranoid:

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The engineering is very cool but it looks like manufacturing would have to be perfect for reliability. I notice that they didn't show it in action.

If these things are reliable you could carry a lot of rounds and reload fairly quickly without the bulk of a bunch of mags.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

It's too bad Rhino Arms never finished the 500-round 10/22 mag they were working on. Probably had problems getting something like that to feed reliably, not to mention the weight hanging off the bottom of the gun.

6. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

There, fixed it for you. :cool:

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Sort of like the thumb assist on GSG 22 mags, although it is only on one side. The GSG mags are not as reliable as most 10/22 premium mags.

BX-25 mags are not difficult to load. If these are available at $40 currently they'll sell a lot of them since BX-25s are going for over $100 now (normal price about $25).

8. archeofuturist

archeofuturist I can see three volcano's from here New Member

I just bought one.

Great mag and cool concept, if a little pricey

Mutoman and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Mutoman

Please let us know how it works out for you and holds up to regular use.

10. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Thanks for the post grabbing a few. I guess the bite won't hurt after selling 1 Butler creek and 2 taictical Innovations mags for176$ te hehe. I will report back my lord.

Ps dam Burt, that post count is mad, get offline and upto the club dude! Call me I'm up odd hours. A 3am indoor 22 sesh is not to odd for me. I must try the art of silence my man, plus you have all the cci in pdx.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  11. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

I bought a butler creek mag a few weeks back and just last weekend tried it. The little stubs that hold it in are smaller than the Bx25 stubs and I found that I had to actually HOLD the BC mag in position or it wouldn't feed. Is this normal??

12. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Ok guys, I received my mags on Wed. Ordered on the 5th. Got to do a short test yesterday. The only test ammo I had was fed bulk, and rem golden. The fed bulk wasn't to great, but the golden ran great. The mags were actually impressive. More testing is needed, I was olny able to run each mag 4 times. I'm happy with them so far, anyone able to run theirs yet?

Mutoman and (deleted member) like this.
  13. TippyTop

TippyTop Bremerton, WA Member

I've been looking at reviews for a while about these and I feel pretty confident about it. It just seems like an improved BX-25. (But wait! How do you improve the already excellent BX-25?) I like the locking spring feature, the clip loading, and the extra 20 round holder on the side. $40 seems a little steep but I think I'll pull the trigger on 2 or 3 of these and report back at a later time. Also I don't know if they updated the video in the link but it shows the magazine in action and it seemed to function flawlessly.

easteve and (deleted member) like this.
  14. TippyTop

TippyTop Bremerton, WA Member

Backordered 5 last night, go big or go home I suppose! I'll report back if or when I get them and give them a field test.

1 person likes this.
  15. porkchop7p1

porkchop7p1 Montesano, WA New Member

That looks like a good piece of equipment.

16. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ruger mags (BX-25) are excellent. I use to find them at the gunshows for $25.

But, what I really wanted to tell everone about..........is the CHAMPION Ruger 10/22 mag loader. My friend from Hawaii told me about it and I took his advice. WOW......talk about a time saver.

http://www.championtarget.com/shooting_gear/magazines_loaders/loaders.aspx

They can be found at various web sites for a lot cheaper than the MSRP. Part #40430

Aloha, Mark

PS..........I don't know if it'll work with other after mkt brands of Ruger 10/22 magazines (i.e. Butler Creek, etc...).

17. Mutoman

Have you tried the Butler Creek loader? Is this comparable?

I have one of the Butler Creek loaders, it works fairly well, takes a bit of finesse, but does save much time.

18. TAD

TAD West Linn Active Member

You guys are making me want to buy a few of these to try out. Problem is I dont own a 10-22...............................yet. If I buy a couple mags who will lend me there rifle so I can try them out?

But a weeks ago I never owned an AR either or a .17 or a stoeger coach gun. Or a loading press or 10,000 primers. Oh well you get the idea. I am just glad I have friends who arent into gouging.

If I die please dont let my wife sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

19. ajshep

ajshep North Oregon coast New Member

Pretty damn cool. Might be the coolest aftermarket item I've seen for the 1022

20. Lange22250

Lange22250 Milwaukie Active Member

I can guarantee that the Butler Creek loader is faster and a lot easier on the hands. Since I can get a couple of BC 25 round mags and a loader for less than the cost of one of those mags I don't see a good reason to buy any.
    Before anyone pipes in about BC reliability, yes they have problems in some guns and some are just bad. At 10$ on sale in normal market conditions I just get 10 at a time and return the bad ones. The 5 I currently have in rotation have probably feed a solid 2000 rounds each without issue.