JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to head out about 11/5 before the season starts on 11/7. I will hunting the area just north of the Very Ranch. If interested, and familiar with that unit, maybe contact me. I have hunted and hiked that area since the late 1980s. Thanks.

Did you hunt there?

I used to hunt south of the Vey Ranch in the Chicken Hill area.
One time Dad and I were in a very thick fog hoofing on a narrow Jeep road. Our Jeep was about 100 yards back. On our left was very steep timbered uphill. On our right was very steep timbered down hill. We heard branches crack ahead and downhill. We kept going along the two tire track road, now in stealth mode. The cracking branches came closer and turned in to foot clomps. Then silence and heavy breathing was all we heard. We couldn't see ahead in the fog. I raised my scope towards the breathing and barely could see a broadside elk spanning the width of the Jeep road. But in the fog I could not see horns on him. We let him go. Going ahead, his tracks showed he was quite large. That elk was 40' away standing broadside for several seconds. I could have dropped him with my M70 long magnum redone to 338. Lucky elk.

That day was so foggy you could not see any sun for direction reference. Thank goodness for a compass and map.

Hey TKD Guy, how did your hunt turn out?

We used to hunt that area back in the 70's. I was just out there this past summer just to see what it was now like as I hadn't been there since about 1980.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top