JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm investigating the possibility of getting trained for the Oregon Emergency Medical Responder license. This is basically one step below an EMT. It gets into things that are beyond regular CPR/FA training such as taking vital signs, airway management using oral and nasal devices, triage, and childbirth.

I'm having trouble finding any training that I can take as an individual. Most only want to train pre-arranged groups (such as workplace emergency response teams).

Is anyone else in the greater PDX area interested in this and in possibly forming a group? It's a real commitment. It's a minimum of 48 hours of training and probably costs around $500ish.

I'd be interested, just not sure how it would work with work. Also, have quite a few firearm training classes slated for this year. Where is the training located? I'm not interested in much of Portland, surrounding areas I can deal with.

American Red Cross is one location, most likely at their offices near Legacy Emmanuel.

Other trainers are listed here but I don't know yet where (exactly) they teach. I suspect many travel to whatever workplace contracts them for a class.

Also, one of the trainers "heard" there may be OEMR training this spring at Clackamas Community College (in the EMT department at the Harmony campus). I have an inquiry in to them but haven't heard back yet. Couldn't find any mention of it yet on the CCC website.

I'm with you, Ritz. I prefer not to go into Poopland anytime I can possibly avoid it.

Don't bother getting an EMR. It's just first aid (can you hold direct pressure and call 911? You're an EMR). The "Stop the bleed" classes taught at Legacy Emanuel are FAR more beneficial for the type of medical training you probably want.

As someone certified to teach that "stop the bleed" curriculum, I would attest to the relevance of it in a casualty care or other traumatic event. It is, however, 100% focused on controlling external hemorrhage. No more, no less.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top