JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you be interested?

• Yes, to participate

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Yes, to volunteer

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes to participate & volunteer

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No (let me know why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking forward to shooting a NRL22 match. I did not add to your poll because I'm too far away. I'm about 65 miles from a local club that does NRL22, But when I got my stuff together they were shutt down due to Covid. NRL 22 is built on building and using your 4 position skills and the thought process that gets you set up in the most stable shooting position possible. Most any 22 will get you started. a scope that can take some adjustment and return to zero every time will be a positive . But the main skill is looking at the problem and deciding which position will work best.
NRL22 divides shooters into groups that are near your skill level so all can compete on you own level. I fit squarely in with the old guys. all of us don't move as fast as we used too! But I shoot against other old guys, and my 10 year old grand daughter shoots against other 10 year old's!

Thank you all whom have posted. It's been a super busy time at work and trying to finish projects at home.

While this has stalled it has not been forgotten.

Checking in to gauge interest. There have been a lot of ruminations about starting a .22 rifle match, similar to or an offshoot of the NLR22 group.

This would be something that would be available and open to all. May end up as a fun shoot but depending on what comes about, there may be a suggested entry per/rifle or participant. (part of it to recover costs for steel target sets)
The proceeds would be going towards a non-profit that does firearm education for kids.

Hoping to get some stuff together either this month or next to present to the Executive board at ARPC. There is a 150y range just south of the main range that is not utilized and these matches could be operated on that range.
Still all in the works but we will see if this is something I can get an approval to put on. I see no reason why not. This would be run by volunteers & RSO's

I have about half a dozen people I know that would find this fun, any of you NWFA peeps think this would be interesting too?
I think this is a great idea. When the Main Range renovation was done several years ago, that space just South of the Main Range was created as another shooting area, and envisioned by many of us on the Board at that time as a "rimfire range", as a "best use" option. It is space not being utilized, but there would be safety protocols that would need to be addressed in order to hold any type of organized activity there, just as an FYI.

.It is space not being utilized, but there would be safety protocols that would need to be addressed in order to hold any type of organized activity there, just as an FYI.
Yes, the protocols aren't difficult to come up with. I've written many over the last year just dealing with the CCP virus and my employer.

We shall see. I'd rather not do an entire plan only to be shut down. I'd be running for a spot on the board if that happened.

Yes, the protocols aren't difficult to come up with. I've written many over the last year just dealing with the CCP virus and my employer.

We shall see. I'd rather not do an entire plan only to be shut down. I'd be running for a spot on the board if that happened.
ARPC Board meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday at 6:00 PM in the North Range Classroom. Probably a good idea to email ahead and get your discussion onto the official agenda, just to get a "read" on what they think of the idea....my two-bits worth.

Re: 'position practice'
As my experience with geezerhood advances, some positions become ever more difficult to get into, while others require more effort to get out of....

You can go to nrl 22 and download the COF, course of fire.
The bigest problem is ti put it on a date that isn't full of pistol, or multigun matches. Fyi the last week of the month is pretty open.

Re: 'position practice'
As my experience with geezerhood advances, some positions become ever more difficult to get into, while others require more effort to get out of....
I'm firmly in Geezerhood! And yes, getting up is getting harder! Some of the courses of fire require that you change positions between shots. Those are the most difficult for me! DR

I'm firmly in Geezerhood! And yes, getting up is getting harder! Some of the courses of fire require that you change positions between shots. Those are the most difficult for me! DR
Usually you have 120 second to fore 10 shots. Points for accuracy. Any time bonus in very little, and usualy 1 stage out of 4. No dragging 100's of pounds uphill then firing 20 round in under15 seconds. Lol

Just an update to this, TCGC is having their first NRL22 match this sunday, sight in starts at 8. They will not be sending scores officially until new season kicks off, but shooting the march course of fire.

I was in the very early process of looking into starting a match out there as well. A few folks have mentioned this post and that's why I'm here. I've shot half a dozen or so of these matches around the state and would love to help get something off the ground or offer any guidance if it is needed. OP please pm me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top