Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Interceptor Vest w/ SAPI plates

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by A2theK, Apr 23, 2009.

1. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

I know they are being phased out, but I saw one advertised for sale. What is their value? I'm talking real value - not some pumped up GSA or special LEO price.

Thanks

2. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

No one even knows? Come on you guys

3. OreGunSun

OreGunSun PDX/Clackamas Member

Depends on the Size and equipment - a basic vest and inserts for xl Inserts on e-bay $100 for vest and about $250 -$300 for point blank inserts (XL size) is the prices I have seen this is not including the level III SAPI plates ( a pair runs about $200).

But I haven't seen a complete set go up for sale - you also need either DPMS or a proof of ownership - if they ar stolen from a Active duty or a Guard unit - you could lose it and your freedom if you can't provide proof you bought it from someone else.

a Complete system consist of the:
    OTV Checklist :
    Outer shell (Base Vest)
    Collar and Ballistic inserts
    Groin protector and Ballistic insert
    Back Ballistic panel
    Front right and left Ballistic panels
    Throat panel and Ballistic insert

Here is a fake ebay from china but shows most of the parts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290291109754

Extra are the DAPS
    (2) Detachable ACU Shoulder Protectors
    (2) Detachable Deltoid Protectors

Here is a real conversion set minus the inserts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ACU-DIGITAL-IBA-OTV-CONVERSION-KIT-8PC-SET-X-LARGE_W0QQitemZ190302904468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item190302904468&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

4. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Thank you very much to everyone who responded or PMed me.

5. leatherjunkie

leatherjunkie canby, oregon Member

the army price for the new style body armor(IBA) that is being used overseas is at $700.00
    this is without the sapi plates.

also the army is changing over this year to a new style body armor vest(IOTV).

as stated above if you happen to purchase a us militry body armor and it is being tracked by law inforcement you will loose it, and the seller will end up in jail.
    jail time for selling us government equipment.