JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have been looking to find a new firing pin spring for my Interarms mark x .308 I have look at several site but dont see anything on a firing pin spring. Is there a good place to look for Interarms mark x parts.
Or does it take the same firing pin spring as a Mauser 98? I'm looking because a few years back I had a new one put in and now when you open the bolt you darn near need a breaker bar to do it.
It was never like that before. I have heard that people will put in what I think is a spring made by wolf which is a little bit longer and stiffer than the stock spring so I'm thinking that this is the case with mine. so do I take this spring out and cut it down or would it be better to just buy a stock replacement spring that is the correct length? If so where to get and again would it be the same as a Mauser 98 spring.

I had a Mark X in 22-250 with a PO Ackley stamped barrel on it that would shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards, should have never sold it. I improved the trigger using standard Mauser 98 parts if I recall correctly. I was told that all the workings were from a 98 design aside from some safeties. I never replaced the part you are asking about so......... Hopefully my advice is worth at least what you paid for it, lol.

Yes it is. It was hard to open first thing after the install of new spring I just went with it but now I want to do something about it. I've been told of this happening to others because they used a really stiff spring which is a little longer. The research I have done shows there is several different spring poundage as in 22,24,26
I get the idea that stock is less than 22lbs. I plan on buying a Mauser 98 stock firing spring or shorten this one I have, first I need to know how long the stock spring is so I don't trim it to short.

Yes it is. It was hard to open first thing after the install of new spring I just went with it but now I want to do something about it. I've been told of this happening to others because they used a really stiff spring which is a little longer. The research I have done shows there is several different spring poundage as in 22,24,26
I get the idea that stock is less than 22lbs. I plan on buying a Mauser 98 stock firing spring or shorten this one I have, first I need to know how long the stock spring is so I don't trim it to short.
I'd ask @AndyinEverson to move this to the gunsmithing section and summon @Velzey to boot..

Liberty Tree Collectors has a variety pack for only $7.00.
You could try different ones and see if that helps.
K98 Vz24

header.jpg

M98MauFPSpng.jpg

Ok I have been talking to Tim Copeland about this. If I can't find it on my own I'll get with him to buy it for me and I'll pay him when I pick it up from him when he comes out my way.

Same firing pin and spring as the K98. Some of the newer standard springs are way strong and make bolt opening/closing a chore. It doesn't need 20 plus pounds to fire.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads