JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business. He's a true legend and knows his stuff. We will be working with both hand guns and long guns, transitioning from one to the other and back again.

We will also be working with uniform/gear issues as this is a great way to sort them out before something bad happens and you're caught holding your gear with no where to go and not knowing how to use it efficiently. I'm going to use this as an excuse to get a new plate carrier and set it all up for my SHTF rig!

I've personally taken 3 handgun courses and a OR CHL course through Liberty and I can say without a doubt it's the best training I have ever received. Fun, informative, fast paced, smart, funny and most importantly, safe. :s0155:

Integrated Weapons Course
Instructed by Dave Harrington

Dave's years of experience in the U.S. Special Forces allow him to have the “on demand” ability to draw on the technical and tactical knowledge base acquired as a Special Forces Operator and Trainer. As a subject matter expert he is able to meet each training participants wants and needs by creating the appropriate training and learning environment, allowing each participant to exercise and test their strengths, and identify to eliminate their weaknesses.
The practical focus for the training event will be fighting with firearms. Integrating the use of the pistol with the M4/AR-15 rifle variants and/or the AK-47 will be a primary focus of working in “full kit”.
Training participants are expected to know firearms safety. Each participant will learn how to continuously apply active security and safety measures to prevent putting themselves or anyone else at unnecessary risk.
Join Liberty Training Group in welcoming Dave to the West Coast. We're confident it will be a training experience that you won't soon forget..."Dude."

Where: Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, Albany, Oregon
When: August 28th, 2010 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
August 29th, 2010 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Cost: $350.00

Student Gear List

Critical individual First Aid Items; You need a first aid kit to treat yourself for minor injuries, and a individual blow out / trauma kit w/ items that will allow you to be treated for gunshot wounds and shock so you can be stabilized for, and transported to the appropriate medical facilities.
Have reliable firearms of reputable manufacture w/maintenance equipment.
Have a quality sling, adequate magazine carriers, and a minimum of 8 ea. 30 round carbine magazines. Know your carbines zero. A 200 yard zero is recommended; expect to work at contact distance out to the maximum range allowed by the specific training site.
Have a quality holster and adequate magazine carriers (2 doubles/4 singles, etc.), and a minimum of 5 / 15 rd handgun magazines or 8 / 10 rd handgun magazines. 1911 Drivers have at least 10 / 8 round or 8 / 10 rd magazines.
Know your handguns zero and where you handgun hits. Expect to work at contact distance and out to the maximum range allowed by the specific training site.
Have a minimum of 1,000 rounds of ammunition for your carbine, 1,500 preferred and a minimum 1,000 rounds of ammunition for your handgun, 1,500 preferred.
Have at least 10 each inert training rounds PER CALIBER; they will be incorporated throughout training.
Hand Held Flashlight(s) & Attachable Firearm lights w/extra batteries.
Have seasonal weather gear, functional clothing and foot gear. Have a 5.11 type vest or suitable garment if you would like to incorporate uniform issues with aspects of concealment. Duty uniform & equipment is recommended for participating military personnel and/or law enforcement officers to include body armor. Knee and Elbow pads are recommended. Be prepared to take notes!
Have two pairs of certified ballistic Eye & Ear protection. EYE PROTECTION MUST PROVIDE ADEQUATE COVERAGE OF YOUR EYES FROM THE SIDES.
Plan to each lunch at the range on both training days! When packing out for training remember; “It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.”

Please contact me directly for more information and to sign up. My contact info is listed below in my signature and as always, you can email or PM me through NWFA.

For those that are interested in the Harrington class we need half the total class tuition down ASAP and the remainder due on 7-20-10.

I hope to get at least 10 more shooters to make this great opportunity happen!

Thanks! Mike

Last Edited:
No one wants/needs professional training?!

The current issue of Surefire Presents Magazine has an article about Dave and this class. The reviews are excellent so let's make this happen!

Last Edited:
No one wants/needs professional training?!

The current issue of Surefire Presents Magazine has an article about Dave and this class. The reviews are excellent so let's make this happen!

Sure, I need training just as much as the next guy. However, with the training fee, plus the required ammo and/or equipment needed, this is cost prohibitive.

Lets see:
Training fee - $350
1k-1500 rounds of 5.56 - $400-600
1k-1500 rounds of .45 - $400-600

Those costs alone are $1050-1450. With the additional gear I would have to buy, that leaves me at least $1k short.

It sounds great, but most people don't have that kind of scratch right now.

Training cost money......just like health cost money....

My SO always keeps telling me that eating good cost money.....eating healthy cost money but it's your health you are dealing with. But is your health worth money? Is your life worth money?

This is a value added package with so much packed into it when you consider it and think it all out.

If you have to take one course, this should fit the bill as it incorporates so much information on various subjects. Instead of using trial and error in your gear on what works and what doesn't work, you are getting the VERY BEST recommendation in the industry on WHAT will work for you and not work for you.

Consider it time well spent instead of using the ammo for plinking.

My experience in this subject is that there are so many people out there buying stuff because he said she said they said it's the best Brand X in the business and in the end, they find out it doesn't work for them and it doesn't fit them. Many end up selling it and losing money and then starting all over again.
It would be seriously nice if this can be done like shoes and cars, this being firearms, gears, equipment, attachments, accessories, etc. Unfortunately, the whole setup doesn't sometimes work that way.

Think about it, read the reviews, and look at your own gear on what works and does not work.

Other classes from Liberty have been informative, fast paced and in the end, I knew my gear and what to expect from it and what not to expect. It was a sad reality to me that while my gear from previous classes worked fine putting it on in the bathroom and playing with it at practical rifle and running around doing stuff with it but when it came down to it, it did not perform as expected when I would NEED it the most.

This is getting drawn out and lengthy and I'm sure others can plug gulf spill style holes in my arguments and points to consider, that's great and I am expecting that.

My point is that for the money you are getting so much in two days when you properly divide it out and calculate it out. You are paying almost 17.50 an hr for 20 hours of training information from the very best in the business as a whole. Ammo wise, fine get some wolf but in my experience, STAY with wolf if it works for you and never wander into different ammo.

Trust some reloads? Fine...go for it......but only if you put your faith and life on the line on this ammo.

Any questions the people at liberty would be happy to assist.

Sure, I need training just as much as the next guy. However, with the training fee, plus the required ammo and/or equipment needed, this is cost prohibitive.

Lets see:
Training fee - $350
1k-1500 rounds of 5.56 - $400-600
1k-1500 rounds of .45 - $400-600

Those costs alone are $1050-1450. With the additional gear I would have to buy, that leaves me at least $1k short.

It sounds great, but most people don't have that kind of scratch right now.

Tula is running about $220 per 1K with 5.56, this is the top grade steel cased stuff. I run it my AR's and I know a ton of SOT's that run it, Wolf, Brown Bear, Golden Tiger and such without any issues.

I will be running a 7.62x39 and a 5.45x39 AR and surplus ammo will be run in both.

Also, if you don't have or want to run any type of plate carrier, armor, etc. you don't have to. We will probably have a couple AR's, some AK's as well as some lever guns as long as we can get enough student. Also, this is over 2 months away and I'm saving like heck to make sure I can go as I don't want to miss an opportunity like this.

Other activities I'm interested in will suffer but it will be worth it in the end as I'll be a more efficient and productive machine with my equipment. :s0155:

I'm there. Looking forward to shaking out my gear and the mindset portions that SuperDave is known for.

Right on! Contact me Jason or Chris at: [email protected] and let them know Mike D. sent you and you heard about the class through NWFA!

Also, you can go here to the bottom of the page and download the registration form, fill it out and fax, email or mail to LTG. Liberty Training Group - Guest Instructors

Let your friends know as we only need 7 more to be sure this class happens! :s0155:

I sent the check to Jason Friday after confirming two spots for me and my shooting buddy. Ordered 2k of wolf 223 yesterday.

Been reading AARs on the web and looks like a great time and learning experience.

Be sure to pick up the new issue of Surefire Presents Combat Tactics. Great 10+ page review of Super Dave's three day class!

Looks like we have 11 shooters as of now and could use a couple more! Thanks to those who have signed up thus far!

Jason personally invited me to experience this training with Dave and I accepted. I hope to get on my gear ready to go by then and I'm very excited to be taking this class. This will be my second liberty training class and I'm looking forward to meeting and training with the legendary Dave Harrington. Thanks for the post Mike!

Jason personally invited me to experience this training with Dave and I accepted. I hope to get on my gear ready to go by then and I'm very excited to be taking this class. This will be my second liberty training class and I'm looking forward to meeting and training with the legendary Dave Harrington. Thanks for the post Mike!

Looking forward to taking another class along side you! Hopefully your brother can make it this time since he was sick for the last one!

Thanks for posting and we'd like to get the number of shooters up to about 20 so tell your friends! :s0155:

Mr. Harrington was featured on this week's episode(repeat) of SWAT Magazine TV. Great interview, his techniques, drills and mission are outstanding.

We have about a dozen shooters at this point but would like to have 20 if possible.

Please tell your friends and have them PM, Email or call me or Liberty Training Group directly. :s0155:

bnr32gtr,
I might have hooked another student, but we need to know if ARPC is going to allow camping in the field by the back ranges or not? I emailed Jason but have not heard back.

Heard from Jason a little while ago and as long as you're with an ARPC member, camping is allowed.

prdubi and I were talking about getting a room at the Phoenix Inn for several of us to crash in, which helps save costs and ensures we all get a shower in the morning before class Sunday. I am not okay with shooting for 10-12 hours in August and not showering! :D

I'm getting a room and Liberty is going to get us their corporate discount.
Anyone taking the class is welcome to get a room and split....camping is still allowed but seriously...it's gonna be mucky, hot, maybe humid and funky.

If someone has an RV...go for it I guess.

After 8-12 hours of shooting, you want to rest and shower for the next day.

**** want a room take the floor sleep on their. At least you get a shower in the morning.

I'm getting a room and Liberty is going to get us their corporate discount.
Anyone taking the class is welcome to get a room and split....camping is still allowed but seriously...it's gonna be mucky, hot, maybe humid and funky.

If someone has an RV...go for it I guess.

After 8-12 hours of shooting, you want to rest and shower for the next day.

**** want a room take the floor sleep on their. At least you get a shower in the morning.

Dubi, count me in for the floor! I'll happily sleep in my sleeping bag in trade for a shower after 12 or so hours of shooting in August. :s0155:

What, no AAR?

I'll leave the AAR form someone else that was in the class, but wanted to say that training with Dave was definitely worth the coin and time and I'm hoping to get a 4 day QCB orientated class hosted in Medford next year.

If you get the chance, don't pass it up!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top