Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Insuring Firearms

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by P7id10T, Feb 21, 2016.

1. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

By my estimation, my collection of firearms exceeds what is covered in my homeowner's policy. What do you guys use as riders for your gun collections, and do you recommend any specific policies?Thanks.

2. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check with your Insurance agent for extended coverage for guns, jewelry etc. NRA members get included $2500 coverage and you can increase it. Or spend the money on a gun safe.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Are you more worried about fire or theft?

4. 44 Guy

44 Guy Washington State Member

5. 44 Guy

44 Guy Washington State Member

When I checked with my agent about insuring firearms he wanted me to provide the serial numbers of all the guns that I had and whether or not they were registered. No thanks decided to go with a very well built safe bolted to a concrete
    floor in a hidden room.

6. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Theft is my primary concern. I travel for weeks at a time, sometimes lugging a rifle or two along with me.
    I also have a 45 minute rated gun safe, but when nefarious people may have undisturbed ed access, a safe doesn't mean jack.
    I've been with the same State Farm agent for 30 years. The adder for toys is expensive through them.

7. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

You can also purchase additional insurance via the NRA. One of the benefits is that they will cover theft from a vehicle as well (if the vehicle was broken into).

B5Ben likes this.
  8. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Our Oregon mutual policy allows $30K for items like firearms in addition to the regular coverage for fire and theft.

The NRA $2500.00 policy wouldn't cover my Winchester Model 1895 think how jealous the others on the rack would be.