JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm been searching for a place where I can shoot 300 to 500 yards, somewhere on the north Olympic peninsula. Specifically the area from Port Angeles/ Sequim to Discovery Bay. Now the question I have is, I seem to have insufficient privileges to post on the Washington places to shoot sub form, so what does it take to increase my privilege level so I can post there ? Thanks for any information ,in advance !
......... JACK

Could you paste the link to the page you are trying to access in a comment here? As far as I know there are only a few places restricted to non-supporting members, but you may be trying to post in a "read only" area of the forum.

Edited to add: here is where you'd make a post: Outdoor Shooting Areas

The WA shooting area list is in fact "read only", meaning only certain people (moderators, etc.) can post there. Hope this helps :).

Last Edited:
Could you paste the link to the page you are trying to access in a comment here? As far as I know there are only a few places restricted to non-supporting members, but you may be trying to post in a "read only" area of the forum.

Kristina...If you go to the "Washington places to shoot" in the "Outdoor shooting areas" you'll see it's a read only forum.

I'm been searching for a place where I can shoot 300 to 500 yards, somewhere on the north Olympic peninsula. Specifically the area from Port Angeles/ Sequim to Discovery Bay. Now the question I have is, I seem to have insufficient privileges to post on the Washington places to shoot sub form, so what does it take to increase my privilege level so I can post there ? Thanks for any information ,in advance !
......... JACK

Jack, you need to post in the section underneath the Oregon, Washington and Idaho "Outdoor shooting areas"

......... JACK
This is my neck of the woods ! I can tell you there are very few places like you describe in that area. If you don't mind shooting across ravines from ridge to ridge you may be able to get out to .....as far as you want. Take a look at this- GPS Visualizer: Freehand Drawing Utility: Draw on a map and save GPX data
You will likely recognize the area. What you can't tell from the image is the terrain features, however, the long ragged line from left to right is the power line. You can find areas along the powerline that meet your requirement. The difficult thing is finding a good/safe backstop. I have seen a lot of off road vehicles use the power line road for recreation so be careful out there.
Google Earth is what I use now to scout with as it will let me see the terrain features. I typially make a list of places that interest me then make a weekend of humping through the national forrest. When you find a place keep it to yourself !!

~Whitney

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads