JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

I think this is a "Doh!" moment if there ever was one. Hope he recovers well.

I guess it's better than just dropping the weapon and retreating. Sorry, but I couldn't pass that cheap joke up. I tried, but just couldn't do it.

I believe this was the step right before dropping the gun and waving the white flag. So is this how they qualify for a French Purple Heart?:s0114:

Love some of the comments like "why was the gun loaded when training?" he probably did cross training with the DEA and ATF in order to learn the proper technique for causing a self inflicted wound.

Shot in the thigh...so that means mostly likely he did one of two things incorrectly

Possibility A) - most likely didn't present the handgun correctly (using the ol bowling ball technique) along with potentially shifting his feet or incorrect stance and had his finger on the trigger or

Possibility B) when returning the handgun back into the holster did so incorrectly or used an less than effective (i.e. less safe) method. I'm also including having a jacket toggle or other obstruction in the holster/handgun in this equation because if the proper technique is used one will prevent a SIGSW and can correct it without incident.

Shooting oneself in the thigh either during the presentation or during the return to the holster and shoot oneself in the support hand are the three most likely probablities for a unintentional self inflicted GSW. Unfortunately it happens way too often.

Very interesting how the hate for the French stemming from WWII(and from Mother Britain before that) is still alive and well.

Hope the gent recovers well, both from the shot and the dressing down he'll get.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top