Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Instructor Shoots Self

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fyrediver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

Firearms instructor shoots self at S&W | WWLP.com

I think this is a "Doh!" moment if there ever was one. Hope he recovers well.

I guess it's better than just dropping the weapon and retreating. Sorry, but I couldn't pass that cheap joke up. I tried, but just couldn't do it.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I believe this was the step right before dropping the gun and waving the white flag. So is this how they qualify for a French Purple Heart?:laugh:

3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

The bolded part explained it very well. UN + France = double fail. ;)

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  4. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

Maybe he wasnt responsible enough to carry a Glock fowty.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Love some of the comments like "why was the gun loaded when training?" he probably did cross training with the DEA and ATF in order to learn the proper technique for causing a self inflicted wound.

6. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Shot in the thigh...so that means mostly likely he did one of two things incorrectly

Possibility A) - most likely didn't present the handgun correctly (using the ol bowling ball technique) along with potentially shifting his feet or incorrect stance and had his finger on the trigger or

Possibility B) when returning the handgun back into the holster did so incorrectly or used an less than effective (i.e. less safe) method. I'm also including having a jacket toggle or other obstruction in the holster/handgun in this equation because if the proper technique is used one will prevent a SIGSW and can correct it without incident.

Shooting oneself in the thigh either during the presentation or during the return to the holster and shoot oneself in the support hand are the three most likely probablities for a unintentional self inflicted GSW. Unfortunately it happens way too often.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I intended to post that now he's an ex-instructor but since he's French they will give him a medal and plant big wet kisses on his cheeks.

8. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Very interesting how the hate for the French stemming from WWII(and from Mother Britain before that) is still alive and well.

Hope the gent recovers well, both from the shot and the dressing down he'll get.