JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought it would be a simple matter to unscrew the factory butt pad and screw on the new decelerator, but there is. Black plastic spacer that seems like it also needs to come off before the new pad goes on. I don't see how it comes off or maybe it isn't supposed to come off, any ideas? Thank you 20190227_105639.jpg 20190227_105642.jpg 20190227_105658.jpg

It is possible to leave it on but the hard plastic to hard plastic fit doesn't seem that good. The original butt pad is molded to fit whereas the decelerator is just flat.

If this pad is classed as a grind to fit, you'll need to do that, the wood behind it isn't going to be any better of a fit.

That's a good point about not firing the wood better. The only difference being that the wood is flat and the spacer has a 4mm rim with the middle being recessed. The pad is made specifically for the Tikka but I'm guessing my wood laminated stock is a somewhat rare version and different config.

Hmm, well, i don't know what they attach the spacer with, but you should be able to remove it, i wouldn't pry from the outside though, gently try from the holes? maybe knock with a rubber mallet?

Brownells offers a lot for doing just that. They also sell the pads. All it takes is a few hand tools or a machine will make it faster but not better.:):):)

just a bit of advice, if its a sand to fit recoil pad i would trace the end of the stock on some cardboard and sand your recoil pad till its the size of your outline i wouldnt sand it with it installed on the gun.

just a bit of advice, if its a sand to fit recoil pad i would trace the end of the stock on some cardboard and sand your recoil pad till its the size of your outline i wouldnt sand it with it installed on the gun.
That is a good plan ^^^
And not being in a hurry.
The rookie blunder is getting up on the stock with the sandpaper or the file.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top