JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2019 4Runner that I use as a daily driver and weekend warrior towing a utility trailer with a side-by-side in it. Took it out huckleberry picking the other day and scrapped the side steps on a couple of kelly humps getting into some more remote spots. Don't want to remove the side steps since I actually use them when putting stuff in my roof rack, so figured I'd lift it and put some bigger tires on it.

Originally, was going to get a 18' RV trailer to tow with it so no way would I want to lift it and put on bigger tires. But, decided to stick with tent camping and most I tow is around 2500 lbs, so a mild lift and 33's are fine.

Besides, it will just look SO much better.

Son-in-law LOVES wrenching on cars and is going to come over and help me since my back is still not healed. Got a Daystar 2.5" lift, so really not that much. No need for longer shocks, or dropping the transfer case, or lengthening brake lines, or any of the other myriad of crap I've had to do with 4" and 6" lifts on other rigs.

Ordered new tires after a ton of research and hand-wringing.

Got these LT285/70R17 Cooper Evolution MTs on the way for $161 each and free shipping. Had them sent to my parent's Idaho address to save a few bucks on taxes as well.

per_evolutionmt_bw_807547_vary_jpg_s3_resize_x2000.jpg

The stock 4Runner sits annoyingly low with quite a rake. The new lift will still have the rear a little higher than the front, but just not as obnoxious.

Ditch the running boards and get a set of rock sliders. "It will look so much better!" :)

And as an added bonus you will never get another door ding...and you'll inflict the appropriate amount of retribution on any idiot who slams their door into your rig. :D

Quality sliders for your truck (frame mounted) as LE4 is saying:

Ditch the running boards and get a set of rock sliders. "It will look so much better!" :)

And as an added bonus you will never get another door ding...and you'll inflict the appropriate amount of retribution on any idiot who slams their door into your rig. :D

Will pay for them self's the first time they push an obstical away, including parked car doors. Properly designed sliders also act as steps they they allow you to access your roof etc.

The N-Fab steps you have dealers like to install as they "look" sort of like a slider and have the big ol step hanging down. If they work for you, run them. However if you engage them on an obstical the steps can peel off as they were never made to work like a slider that can support the weight of the truck.

If you are looking for sliders: Metal-tech 4x4 located in Newberg OR makes them in Oregon and supports Northwestfirearms members with a 5% discount with the code: northwestfirearms

All done. Took 5 hours, but that included a trip to the hardware store for a 19mm socket. Son-in-law left after the front was done leaving me to complete the rear. Took me an hour.

Really happy with the way it turned out. Same ride, but feels more like a man's rig now, lol.

IMG_20200802_201142097.jpg

Good choice, looks great.
I've always been in favor of keeping a low center of gravity vs sky-high lifts... drew my inspiration from the Baja 1000 trucks in the 70s and 80s.
Hell... my old XJ only has 3" but I can fit 33s (fenders trimmed) and my Ram takes 33s at stock height (same size you put on your 'Runner) w no rubbing.
I have Cooper tires on both rigs now and will be replacing them with (probably) the same M/Ts as you used, same size for the Ram, unless I go up to a 295/70 17... haven't made that decision yet.
Love the 4Runners but they were (and still are) out of my price range due to my abhorrence of making payments... tough to come up w that kind of scratch. My price range (<7G) gets me into the early 00s... barely. They seem to hold their value better than just about anything else* produced in the past 50 yrs. Impressive.

*Jeep CJs, early Broncos, IH Scout lls, and FJ40s being notable exceptions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top