JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Appreciate the offer, Dan, but I'm a licensed civil/structural engineer myself, 30+ years in the bid'ness.
Plus, I'm not for this place for very long. As soon as the last kid graduates college in 5 years or less from now, I'm off to north Idaho.
I'll build "the bunker" over there...

Hmm, You seem to have an issue with Zanotti. Care to elaborate? What seems to be the issue? More so since you stated it was 15 years ago you put one together. The one I helped with was a year ago and it was brutally tight to get the pins hammered in. There was zero slop nor any mis-alignment issues.
I'm open to discussion..

Dan

I think I covered the wobbly problem with Zanotti, as well as the thin walls & let's face it, 3/16" for a door is pretty thin. As a locksmith who opens safes I will tell you the Zanotti sucks, as a safe.

Of course it is better than nothing but if you know anything about how UL rates safes, even the best safe in the world is only rated for a one hour break in--what's that make a Zanotti, 5 minutes?:eek:

That safe should serve you well. You have no reason not to sleep well. In the eyes of the military, locks, safes, barriers, etc are merely delaying devices. Some take more time than others to defeat but they can all be defeated. In reality, even Ft. Knox is nothing but a series of delaying devices.

Easy way to pry open a safe, ya hit it with a sledge hammer a few inches away from the edge & pry up where the edge bows out-- 3/16" isn't gonna take too many hits before it's prying time:eek:

Safes can be the beginning to and end.

You realize how easy it is to fill one up and then you are suddenly looking for another safe that's larger because you have no more space in you first one. You start rethinking everyone you called a liar about firearms not multiplying inside of a dark safe with no lights.

I wish you the best on this journey!!

OP, congratulations. I slept with one eye open for years not having a safe. My current safe weighs 1100 pounds empty. I sleep very well now! It does bring in a security blanket to your home and peace of mind. Well done.

It is nice having a safe it definitly slows down the junkies and tweekers who want more drugs. .
Yes they will and do. There is also one other big upside to these few talk about. Anti lawyer. If you have anything, or have insurance, and one of your stolen guns gets used in crime. Some bottom feeder may try to make some cash. One of the very early school shooting this happened. That demented 10 year old got a 13 year old to go with him. Pulled a fire alarm so when kids lined up outside he had a shooting gallery. He used a cutting torch to break the guns out of his Grandfathers safe. One of the bottom feeders went after Grandfather. It was promptly tossed as the kid used a torch to cut open a safe.
Of course now both of those "kids" are grown and were turned loose again. I keep waiting for the next time they are in the news again.

Late to the party but back to original topic, I just got one of their safes. I am fairly happy with it, I recognize it's not the best out there but IMO a bolted down safe of even this caliber is light years ahead of anything else. When I get to my permanent location I'll look into something more heavy duty but for the time being I couldn't ask for better. The seller was willing to give me a discount for being a nurse too. Much appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top