JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You'll more than likely need it fit. 1911's are not modular guns. The right side grip panel will also need to be modified, which may be where you run into issues with the para-ordnance.

1911 AUTO AMBIDEXTROUS THUMB SAFETY | Brownells
MUESCHKE 1911 AUTO EXTENDED AMBIDEXTROUS .45 SAFETY | Brownells

This one might work, as it utilizes an extended hammer pin to retain the right side, rather than the grip panel. It is referred to as a Mueschke style, the other with the leg that goes under the grip is referred to as a Swenson style.

As for gunsmith shops, the only ones I know are in Salem and are usually backlogged...

Hope you have fun with it!

I looked under the right side grip panel & it has the square cut underneath it, a buddy of mine on the forum has a stainless ambi safety I need at a great price. I could take a pic of the underside of the right grip panel to make sure it has the ambi cut if needed. If my grip panel does not have the cut, Im hoping the hogue wraparound grips will. Might have to email hogue tommorow & ask them

so yesterday the rear sight fell off, & no I do not have hulk hands or throw my guns down on hard surfaces, or anything else lol....
gave it a rack back, rear sight was hanging far off the slide to the left. So all night I read about what I can do to replace or fix that problem, figured it out.....this morning, racked it back, front sight wiggles loose like a childs loose tooth. I dont know whats going on with this para but that is just strange. I have no clue how to fix not just the rear but now the front sight. Ive had this for only a few days. :(

Tony, I have some pieces of shimstock coming in a week or so, hoping I can slip a piece under the rear sight for a permanent fix. Front sight might just get some red loctite to hold on for good. Ambi safety will be here tuesday :) I'll let you know

Took me about a hour yesterday but I received the ambi safety & installed it. It needed a lot of work, I had to file where it engages the sear inside, I also had to cut off quite a bit of the leg tht goes under the grip panel, because the para frame is a doublestack & the right side of the ambi safety would not seat all the way unless the leg was cut. shimstock is coming in the mail & I'll knock the rear sight off, lay the shim piece under it & slide it back on for a permanent fix! I like it much better with the ambi safety, cant shoot a 1911 left handed without one JMO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top