JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its just wood pellets, paraffin wax and volcanic rock pieces...

make your own for cheaper using fatwood from aged pine stumps and logs (and christmas trees!)
Actually; first, dry out and age the christmas tree, then put it through a chipper, and you have yourself a very potent, hot burning fatwood chip pile to put in ziplock bags and use for camping (I harvest my own fatwood when I can)

why

just let elk droppings dry out soak in paraffin and store it in an old film container, same goes with a cotton ball rolled in Vaseline and into a old film container

why

just let elk droppings dry out soak in paraffin and store it in an old film container, same goes with a cotton ball rolled in Vaseline and into a old film container
As like my as your dealing with someone who knows what an old film container looks like. I mentioned the cotton ball and Vaseline in a film canister to a younger co worker and he had to ask me what I meant.

Similar to the above, I've made my own with success. I use an old egg carton, fill each cup with dryer lint and wood shavings and then pour melted wax over the whole thing. Once it's hardened you have 12 fire starters - just break the carton apart as you use it and burn the whole thing.

its just wood pellets, paraffin wax and volcanic rock pieces...

make your own for cheaper using fatwood from aged pine stumps and logs (and christmas trees!)
Actually; first, dry out and age the christmas tree, then put it through a chipper, and you have yourself a very potent, hot burning fatwood chip pile to put in ziplock bags and use for camping (I harvest my own fatwood when I can)

Dude, fatwood is FRIGGING AWESOME! one time we ran into a massive pile of the stuff, even small pieces burn like rocket fuel.

Similar to the above, I've made my own with success. I use an old egg carton, fill each cup with dryer lint and wood shavings and then pour melted wax over the whole thing. Once it's hardened you have 12 fire starters - just break the carton apart as you use it and burn the whole thing.

+1

But I don't use any wood shavings and I've found that you want some un waxed lint at the top if you want to start it with a fero rod.

All well and good store bought or, home made firestarters and I have some favorites like lint,the vaseline balls, but if you know what to look for and know how to get in to dry wood in a damp forest, there's your tender, you may work a bit but if you are willing to dig it out, well, its the best way to preserve your home made stuff. Nature is full of it, especially in the NW. 2 is one and one is none!

Brutus Out

Instafire? You mean a lighter?

Where's the fun in that o_O

tumblr_mhto0bs2Un1qzcxrno1_400.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews