JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't trust any sort of mechanical powder checker, and I have to look inside my cases to make sure powder has dropped, I've had squibs from not looking when I first started, and it has kind of made it a pain sometimes.

I read this a while ago on another forum, but I bought an endoscope camera that I mounted in the center hole of my dillon toolhead, I dont have to change positions and I can see if powder has dropped perfectly. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

View from the loading position:
20180628_222746.jpg

Before powder charge:
20180628_222751.jpg

After powder charge:
20180628_222802.jpg

Pretty cool idea. I'm standing when I use the progressive, so I can see into the case from where I stand, but I like what you've done!

Cost on something like that?

There are multiple endoscope cameras for < $35. Just check Amazon or Ebay. Almost all have LED illumination at the lens, and some even have mounts with right angle lenses (though i suspect this degrades video quality).
Mind you, these only work well if your cases are sparkling clean. If you reload dirty or don't get the inside properly cleaned, the black powder residue in the case will screw up your view.

I like it! I've been using a dental type mirrior but it's an extra step and it's not really handy. I can see in the auto cases fine usually without the mirrior but .38 and .357 not so much.

That's what is on the press in the photo,. 38 special, with a 4.8 gr charge of cfe pistol and its plain as day to see if the case is charged. If has made things a whole lot easier.

I don't trust any sort of mechanical powder checker, and I have to look inside my cases to make sure powder has dropped, I've had squibs from not looking when I first started, and it has kind of made it a pain sometimes.

I read this a while ago on another forum, but I bought an endoscope camera that I mounted in the center hole of my dillon toolhead, I dont have to change positions and I can see if powder has dropped perfectly. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

View from the loading position:
View attachment 473429

Before powder charge:
View attachment 473430

After powder charge:
View attachment 473431

This was a great idea. I'm glad you mentioned it again in another post to remind me to follow through on this:D.

I already had the power unit so I just purchased an extra cord with a different focal length. Works awesome.

1538268217137-1201221654.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads