JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm still unemployed and thinking I might try squawfish fishing for $ starting in May. Anyone done this, or have any things/places to try out or avoid? I might even do some scouting up the Gorge since there is a check-in station at Cascade Locks.

The water is a bit too cold on the Columbia right now for squawfish.. 42 degree water last weekend. When the water gets above 55 degrees, it gets going good. I fished squawfish in the early 1990's when I was unemployed. I ended up with a set up that will sound kinda wierd. I used 5 or 6 ft cheapo trout rods, spinning tackle, 6 lb test line and a small hook ( long shank size 10).. right on the bottom, close to structure and shore, sandy bottom, with just a trace of current. It works best if you have a couple others guys as they school up. Anyway we'd get some fried chicken, especially the thighs and peel off the skin, cut that into small strips and put that on a couple hooks with a long leader a foot or so apart with a sliding sinker ( kinda like a sturgeon set up but a lot lighter). Once you catch one, keep the bait in the same place ( rig extra rods) andyou can catch 'em one after another, as long as you keep the scent in the water

I've been thinking about this too, so have a couple of lame questions: does the Gummint pay cash with no ID required? or by check with a paper trail, taxes, etc? I have heard that guys made some serious money in past years, but gas was cheaper then. Do you think that you can make more than gas money this year?.............................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top