JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Device
Phone - iPhone
Browser
Google Chrome
Reactions
I've noticed lately that whenever I insert a photo anywhere in the post it forces the photo to the top, most often into the quotes of another poster (if replying to a previous post). The only way I have been able to get it to work correctly is to manually delete each photo and then reinsert it a second time where I want the photo.

Also when attaching several photos at the end of a post the first one goes in at the end in the proper place and all subsequent ones are forced to the top.

Using an iPhone 8 fwiw. Have not tried on desktop.

Not complaining, just informing. Thx!

Last Edited:
Anybody else have this issue? Sure is annoying. Only started happening recently. I've found most efficient way is load one photo, then go to top and delete it, then use insert button to post it in the right place. Have to do this for each photo.

I've noticed lately that whenever I insert a photo anywhere in the post it forces the photo to the top, most often into the quotes of another poster (if replying to a previous post). The only way I have been able to get it to work correctly is to manually delete each photo and then reinsert it a second time where I want the photo.

Also when attaching several photos at the end of a post the first one goes in at the end in the proper place and all subsequent ones are forced to the top.

Using an iPhone 8 fwiw. Have not tried on desktop.

Not complaining, just informing. Thx!
I too use an iPhone8.

A572D819-E4D4-43CF-A0D8-F8DE2E5F37E7.jpeg

You have to make sure where the cursor (the little blinking blue vertical line) placement is before you tap the "insert" button for each photo. It will insert the photo to the left of where the cursor is.

D78870A3-3E94-4283-A224-6C8B47CE835A.jpeg

You can treat each embedded photo like a text character by placing the cursor behind it and the backspacing it without deleting and re-uploading it.

CDF2867D-E3EB-46EE-B9E4-5CB6262222C8.jpeg

I placed each photo above in the order I wanted them.

Hope that helps!

Last Edited:
I do always put the curser where i want the pic. Usually 1-2 lines below text. It does not put the photo there for me. It used to 100% of the time but does not anymore.
If you have the latest iOS updates, then obviously it's a glitch in the settings. I remember something about an "auto-save" feature that would cycle every few seconds and it would screw up the body of text I was composing.

I can't remember if that was a universal site-wide or individual user account feature that can be individually switched off. I haven't experienced any random weirdness for quite some time.

I get cursor jumping on images, smileys, etc. anytime you click off the box while attempting the insert.

Switching the formatter off helps (right side three dots -> gear icon).

Ok just to show on the above post I hit "reply" then hit "return" on my phone keyboard twice and inserted pic. First pic went to proper place. Then I put curser below that pic and inserted another pic, then repeated.

9E85AFB2-EE13-4405-9A57-B21CD6BAE2F1.jpeg @ilikegunspdx Which method of image insertion are you using?

1. Upload Photos > Insert
  2. Copy / Paste
  3. Insert Remote Image
It's the pull down menu (three stacked dots) just to the right of the smiley face. Then click icon just to the right of "GIF" that looks like a rectangle with a mountain and sun inside it. Then click drop image (or click here) then click on photo in my phone's photos "folder".

The first photo inserted this way often inserts where the cursor is (ie correctly) and all subsequent ones are forced to the very top no matter where the cursor is. For example see this post where I tried to put an arbitrary photo twice. Both times the cursor was one line below the text and the first one inserted correctly while second one was forced to the top into the quote from previous post even though cursor was on a new line at the very bottom. iPhone software is updated fwiw so not an issue due to that imo. Thx!
128017E8-EF41-42A5-AA7B-CFBFE0FA2C1C.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback :)

Does it work as expected if you use the "upload photos" button and then use the "insert" button to put them where you want?

Hmmm...
So for the above post....
I first type "Test picture" then "Andy"...
The clicked upload photos...followed by clicking insert...
The result is as posted above.

DSC06834.jpg

If I place the cursor where I want the picture to go....then hit insert...the picture goes where I want it to.
Windows whatever...old azz DELL Laptop.....
Andy

Thanks for the feedback :)

Does it work as expected if you use the "upload photos" button and then use the "insert" button to put them where you want?
Yes I just tested and if u use upload photos and insert button it works fine. So problem must be specific to that insert photo icon as described above. Thx!

On my iPhone I hit the return key a couple times below the text before inserting the photo. Works fine for me
This is the answer. I also hit return a couple of times to put space between the photos. There is a default that keeps returning the cursor to the top so make sure the cursor is blinking where you want the photo before hitting the insert button.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top