JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This question ("Do you think the toxicity of gun culture past and present is a roadblock to gun rights conversation?") was asked on the InRangeTV April Q&A session at the 25:27 mark*. Karl, obviously, gave his thoughts.

• What did you think of the host's reply?
  • How would you answer the question?
  • With this question in mind, what are some real world examples of things you've done or we could do to further preservation of our RKBA?
Cheers.

* Linked at the appropriate starting place here.

Stupid question. It's framed in a way that any answer legitimizes the premise that gun culture is toxic. Like "when did you stop beating your wife"?

Do you think the toxicity of gun culture past and present is a roadblock to gun rights conversation?

There is no toxicity in gun culture. There is toxicity toward anything gun-related in the media, the public schools, many churches, a particular political party, etc. Our side is being ferociously attacked 24/7/365 with the goal of total destruction of our rights. When we fight back, those who are attacking us, point and say: "look at how toxic those gun people are".

what are some real world examples of things you've done or we could do to further preservation of our RKBA?

1 - Stop voting for the party of gun control.
2 - Run for school board and replace all school board members who are WOKE, anti-USA, and anti-gun. Then, provide NRA gun safety training in schools like we used to have.
3 - Turn off the alphabet news channels to impact their advertising revenue.
4 - Write to the IRS and demand they remove tax exempt status for so-called "churches" that are pushing gun control - they are not churches - they are political activists.
5 - Stop voting for 3rd party candidates in the general election who have no chance of winning.
6 - Don't bash mostly pro-2A candidates because they tweet stupid stuff, or believe in Q theories, etc. Support the most pro 2A candidate who can win even if they are not perfect.
7 - Don't give likes to anti-gun and WOKE posts. :D
8 - Write to our elected officials and demand they fight including walking out if that is what it takes to beat the anti-gunners.
9 - Stop buying Coke, and other WOKE products.
10 - Once you take over the school board, start firing all WOKE, anti-USA, anti-gun teachers.

Last Edited:
I mean, those saying there's no toxicity haven't seen the bumper stickers threatening violence to anybody even considering some sort of minor firearm reform. Instead of having an intelligent conversation, it immediately turns to "dOnT tAke mUh GuNz LiB." Also pretty toxic when gun people (not the rational ones, which are too few) refuse to even accept non-shooters as Americans. Yes there's toxic far left, but boy it sure goes the other way too. And yes, InRange is the best guntube channel and Ian is my lord and savior.

There is no toxicity in gun culture. There is toxicity toward anything gun-related in the media, the public schools, many churches, a particular political party, etc. Our side is being ferociously attacked 24/7/365 with the goal of total destruction of our rights. When we fight back, those who are attacking us, point and say: "look at how toxic those gun people are".

2 - Run for school board and replace all school board members who are WOKE, anti-USA, and anti-gun. Then, provide NRA gun safety training in schools like we used to have.
4 - Write to the IRS and demand they remove tax exempt status for so-called "churches" that are pushing gun control - they are not churches - they are political activists.
5 - Stop voting for 3rd party candidates in the general election who have no chance of winning.
6 - Don't bash mostly pro-2A candidates because they tweet stupid stuff, or believe in Q theories, etc. Support the most pro 2A candidate who can win even if they are not perfect.
8 - Write to our elected officials and demand they fight including walking out if that is what it takes to beat the anti-gunners.
10 - Once you take over the school board, start firing all WOKE, anti-USA, anti-gun teachers.
So... only vote based on one issue even if their stance on other *cough* more important *cough* issues is ludicrous and un-American? Got it.

Instead of having an intelligent conversation

Not possible with anti-gunners in most cases.

So... only vote based on one issue even if their stance on other *cough* more important *cough* issues is ludicrous and un-American? Got it.

The OP asked what we could do to " further preservation of our RKBA". I provided a few examples, but haven't seen many positive examples from you yet.

those saying there's no toxicity haven't seen the bumper stickers threatening violence to anybody even considering some sort of minor firearm reform

Show me a bumper sticker that says: "if you enact universal background checks, I'm going to kill you". I haven't seen that. Some people have bumper stickers that indicate you will receive violence if you try to take their guns. Those are a reaction to people who threaten to take our guns; and the reaction is justified.

They worded the question incorrectly, let me fix it.

Do you think the toxicity of gun LIBERAL culture past and present is a roadblock to gun INTELLIGENT conversations?

That's better :D

Like what?
What issues would a gun rights supporting politician or voter otherwise be un-American on?
And do you have any examples of "Violent" pro-gun bumper-stickers. I can honestly say I've never seen one.

"2 - Run for school board and replace all school board members who are WOKE, anti-USA, and anti-gun. Then, provide NRA gun safety training in schools like we used to have."

Do you mean kind of like these folks did?

I haven't watched the video yet....as others have noted the wording of the question is irksome at best.
So that is off putting to be sure.

But....it is good to know what others are thinking...even if you disagree or find their opinions offensive.

As for the question itself....

I would say :

I own firearms and do not know just what is toxic about firearms and the enjoyment or ownership of them.
Owning firearms is a mark of trust , responsibility and freedom.

I have owned firearms all of my life and have never harmed anyone with my firearms that I own.
I have , however taught others history , safety and shooting with firearms...to share knowledge is a good thing.

Also its a choice....one is free to own firearms or not....Just don't make that choice for me.
So...since owning firearms is a choice , would you* say that choice or freewill is also toxic...?
* By "you" I mean those that agree that "gun culture " is toxic....

Some "roadblocks" to a conversation are :
Assuming...
Blanket statements...
Lack of knowledge of the subject....
A "closed mind" / not willing to learn or re-think about something....

Andy

Last Edited:
I mean, those saying there's no toxicity haven't seen the bumper stickers threatening violence to anybody even considering some sort of minor firearm reform. Instead of having an intelligent conversation, it immediately turns to "dOnT tAke mUh GuNz LiB." Also pretty toxic when gun people (not the rational ones, which are too few) refuse to even accept non-shooters as Americans. Yes there's toxic far left, but boy it sure goes the other way too. And yes, InRange is the best guntube channel and Ian is my lord and savior.
Minor firearm reform? Like what? What's "minor" in your book? And before you cite any proposal to make a "minor reform" please demonstrate how that "minor reform" would have prevented a crime, or might prevent a future crime. Most proposals to achieve "minor reform" are not designed to prevent crime. They are designed to make life more difficult for those the gun haters characterize as dangerous buffoons mouthing phrases like "dOnT tAke mUh GuNz LiB." The gun haters are by definition ignorant and toxic. They can't stand the thought that someone somewhere might be enjoying themselves doing something they don't approve of. It keeps them awake at night. It gives them indigestion. They are consumed with hatred and can't avoid characterizing gun owners as ignorant and dangerous. That's toxicity, my friend.

As for the defensiveness you simply can't understand that's exhibited by gun owners, what happens to a dog if you jab him with a sharp stick every day as you pass by? He will get defensive, won't he? Anti-gun nuts poke gun owners daily with the sharp sticks of ridiculous and counter-productive regulations and prohibitions. Every time they open their mouths it means a protracted fight and more money to defend gun rights, rights that should be safe from the nit-picking "Karens" of this world. Most anti-gun nuts have a problem with maleness. Most of them, male or female are afraid of actual male human beings. They want them powerless, symbolically neutered by having their guns taken away. Subconsciously, they view taking guns away from males, and preferably destroying them, as castration. The use of the term, "ammo sexual" and accusations of viewing guns as penis extensions originated with them. Why are they so obsessed with penises? Most anti-gun nuts don't have one, and if they do they are obviously ashamed of it. So who's toxic and who's warped? The person for whom owning a gun is simply a part of everyday life, or the person constantly worried that his neighbor has one, and what horrible things might happen because of that fact, the person who feels it's necessary to hold meetings and donate money and run political campaigns to ensure that his or her neighbor remains powerless? Who's really the toxic one here?

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads