JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trigger shape and feel(physically on your finger) of the P-07 is also different from the smoothly curved and rounded 75B trigger. I like the 75B trigger much better, obviously. To each his own. Time to go to the range!

Everyone is different , but I agree with most the reviews I've read. Far from a poor trigger to me.

From the review.

CZ incorporated their new Omega trigger system in the P-07 which leads to fewer parts and in turn they claim a better trigger pull. I didn't have any older CZs on hand to test the difference, but in dry firing I did find the trigger to be quite smooth in double action. Single action was nice and crisp, but the reset was a little longer than I'd like. Despite the longer reset, the trigger on this CZ was easily better than the HKs or SIGs I've been shooting lately.

The other benefit of the Omega trigger is the ability to switch the P-07 from the standard issue decocker to a safety for those who like to carry condition 1. I prefer the decocker, so I didn't attempt the old safety switcheroo, but according to this video, it's no big deal. Gun Review: CZ-75 P07 Duty 9mm - The Truth About Guns

Here is the test target from my SP-01. Pretty good at 25m. I can't shoot as well as shooter number 01634. RIP SP-01

IMG_20180926_154425070.jpg

<breaking into sweat>....................

I've been learning how to shoot Sigs the past few years...

and while 'not unhappy' by any means, there has to be some explanation for the price differential that someone here can comment upon...:cool:

<breaking into sweat>....................

I've been learning how to shoot Sigs the past few years...

and while 'not unhappy' by any means, there has to be some explanation for the price differential that someone here can comment upon...:cool:

Well the p2022 with night sights is around $450-500. A fair deal to me. :)

The price differential is easy to explain. How expensive is it to live in Czechoslovakia? How expensive is it to manufacture simple machines in Czechoslovakia?

How expensive was it to manufacture pistols in Germany and then US?

The move from Sig to CZ I assume would be easy. My move from CZ to Sig was no issue.

You'll like a CZ if you like Sigs.

I've had a CZ85 combat for years, I've used it for uspsa production and speed steel. Very well made gun, no firing pin block, has an excellent trigger, can carry it cocked and locked or hammer down. Very flat shooting with the steel frame, very accurate as well.

Picture is the very first 5 rounds I fired through it, 20-25 yards away. The flyer was my fault, i was totally blown away by how well and how easy it is to shoot.

IMG_20150703_141717107.jpg IMG_20150703_141658384.jpg

I got hold of one of the earlier imports. It was a lug, all steel and solid as any pistol... it was as ergo-friendly to my hand as my BHP... but seemed (to me) bulkier or heavier. Sold it down the river to a guy I worked with, and kept my BHP. Have since mildly regretted selling it as I like the DA and safety features... Mostly carry plastic fantastics these days anyway. Good pistols, would :)recommend, if you don't mind carrying the weight.

My son bought an IWI Jericho 941 as his first handgun. The ergos are slightly different, but the design is pure CZ. If you happen upon one, might just pick it up and see how it fits. Polygon bore is a nice feature.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.01.52 PM.png

If you like CZs and want to save a few bucks without losing quality, EAA Witness/Tanfoglio pistols are great. I own several TA90's (9mms and .41 AE conversion), an Ultra .41 AE and a Witness compact steel. Next up will be a EAA in 10mm. They make several in 10mm and I am leaning toward the Hunter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top