JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering buying the CMMG M4LE and would like to hear some feed back from anyone who has purchased one. I'm new the world of tactical rifles and need some input before I purchase. I'd like to hear from someone who's used one alot. Does it stand the test of time?

Diana,

There are certain features you want to get that ensure reliabibility. I'm not trying to start a flame war. But you can get some better quality than CMMG for the money.

the M4Chart mentioned above is good. It also depends on your budget. right now, one of the best rifles you can get that's "almost" or 98%-99% (without having the Technical Data Package) the same quality as Colt, Noveske, LMT is the Bravocompany midlength complete rifle.
You can fin it <broken link removed>

Grant is a topnotch armorer and military veteran, for for just over $1100 you're getting great gear that meets or exceeds criteria for an effective, reliable, durable Ar15.

Last Edited:
p.s. Rob_s does not have the Bravo Company midlength in the chart, probably because it normally doesn't ship from Bravo as a complete rifle, or maybe just hasn't gotten to it. You might check out info by Rob_s and others at m4carbine.net. There are a lot of experienced pros on that site for m4-specific platform issues, and Rob_S(tacticalyellowvisor.net) knows is stuff. Grant alsoL(c4iGrant on m4carbine).

Newt

They are nice rifles. I have a bunch of CMMG uppers. So far, no issues.

However, I abhor the 16" M4 profile barrel with a carbine gas system/sights.

My preference, depending on how much weight you want in your barrel, is a SPR/medium profile barrel (a governtment or lightweight can be subbed) with a midlength gas system. This gives you a more reliable operation, less recoil (usually), and a longer sight radius.

So, CMMG, I like. The M4LE, don't like the configuration.

NoAim,
Can I ask you exactly what it is about that upper that you don't like? I thought about building my own AR but it's cheaper to buy one already put together. I'm interested in CMMG because they are right here in MO. and I think it would be cool to own a gun made right here in my state. So far I haven't heard any bad about them. What reviews I have found were all good. I know I can buy better and more costly but that's not what I'm after. I just want one for a reasonable price that's fun to shoot. It doesn't have to be Military grade. I just want it to play around with and maybe shoot some varmits. I'm definitley wanting to go with CMMG tho.

NoAim,
Can I ask you exactly what it is about that upper that you don't like? I thought about building my own AR but it's cheaper to buy one already put together. I'm interested in CMMG because they are right here in MO. and I think it would be cool to own a gun made right here in my state. So far I haven't heard any bad about them. What reviews I have found were all good. I know I can buy better and more costly but that's not what I'm after. I just want one for a reasonable price that's fun to shoot. It doesn't have to be Military grade. I just want it to play around with and maybe shoot some varmits. I'm definitley wanting to go with CMMG tho.

Like I said, I don't like the barrel profile, and the short gas system. For something like a 16" I much prefer the midlength gas system (and sight radius) and a correct profile barrel (medium, government, or lightweight).

Otherwise, my CMMGs shoot fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top