JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Similair to my setup.
I have those rings on my 10/22 and something like it but lower on my marlin.
Marlin has a redfield 3-9x40.
It works great with the optics and irons both.

my thoughts, If you choose a scope, get it as close to the bore as possible & put some QD rings on it if you got to have them irons. anything over 4x on a lever action 30-30 is overkill, again just my opinion. that said, I have a compact 2x7 on mine. It could be a little closer to the bore, but much lower & it wont clear the hammer.

None - get a Williams 94/36 receiver sight. I think traditionally with my lever guns but I can no longer use barrel mounted 'V' blade style rear sights. Both my Winchesters and my Marlin 39 have Williams sights.

We have a Bushnell Sportview 4X on our 336C and its hunted deer and target shot that way for 25 years. Seams to work just fine its my wifes deer rifle and the loaner for people without a rifle suited to Western Oregon deer Hunting.

I would not use rings that high either especially on that gun.

I have a 4x that was on mine when I got it. Found no reason to take it off. If I was buying new I would consider a 2-7 since they are way more compact then a 3-9. It also gives you a nice wide angle on 2x and a bit of range at 7x. I have 2-7x32 on my 77/22 and shoot to 300 yards with it frequently.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top