JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a "combo" mount on an AR-15 last night that had a scope in the normal position, and a 45-degree angle rail for a red-dot sight or part of an iron sight.

This is the specific mount:
Amazon.com: Warne Scope Matte Ramp Mount (1-Inch): Sports & Outdoors

I'm seriously thinking about this for my AR-15. I currently only have iron sights on it and move the versatility of a scope for say 100+ yards, and a red-dot sight for closer situations.

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration? Any considerations that may not be obvious, or experiences to share?

Thx,
Peter

Depends on what kind of shooting you plan to do, red dots are pretty good at even 100 yards and even 200 yards. Look up jerry miculek his ar has The set up like you are talking about.

I use an Aimpoint PRO mounted in front of an Aimpoint 3x magnifier on a quick disconnect to maintain co-witness.

Keith

IMG_3204.jpg

I also was running an aim point with an 3x magnifier . I switched to an acog 4x32 with a rmr 3.25 moa red dot. new set up is lighter and I can shoot 1/2 inch groups at 200yd with cheap ammo all day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top