JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got out to the Albany Trap club, today, after pistol practice. Really nice folks out there! There was a tournament going on, so I got to watch lots of people having fun. I hadn't realized they have rentals there, so I got a membership, and will head back next Sunday to see if someone wants to help introduce me to trap. My last time shooting clays with a shotty was in the mid 90's, in Australia with the gun club on our ship, so it's been a little while, now. There were a couple of nice looking O/U's in the rack for sale, under a grand.

I mentioned I was new to trap when I went and they had one of the guys personally walk me through my first 25 Clay's, gave me pointers and explained there rules for the club. Amazing club who also supports local high school trap teams.

After being very disappointed with my Rem1100 (lefty), I was able to trade for a gorgeous Rem 3200. It has custom release trigger and factory upgraded breach. I'm still a novice at trap shooting, but have been able to shoot doubles with it when all the stars line up and have even successfully bagged a few sage hens. By far the best shotgun I've been able to shoot.
1591649469584.png

Last Edited:
Wow, Today was amazing! Went out to the Albany trap club, rented a Winchester 101, and shot about 6 games. Was walked through my first couple of times, and shown the ropes, very friendly place and club. This kind of shooting reinforces the Zen aspect of shooting sports; it was like my subconscious already knew what to do, if my conscious mind and thoughts would just step aside for that moment. Great, now I have another shooting addiction... :p

After being very disappointed with my Rem1100 (lefty), I was able to trade for a gorgeous Rem 3200. It has custom release trigger and factory upgraded breach. I'm still a novice at trap shooting, but have been able to shoot doubles with it when all the stars line up and have even successfully bagged a few sage hens. By far the best shotgun I've been able to shoot.
View attachment 707963
Beautiful gun, Jim... I'm jealous as heck ! :D
Many many years ago I saw a guy blow up, destroy one of these by shooting a reloaded shell with too much powder in it. Totally destroyed the gun and I felt more remorse for the loss of the gun than I did the idiot that cut the wad to get more powder in the shell !!!
They dont make those quality guns anymore either ! :(

How did you like the 101?

It worked very well! I filled out paperwork today for the bgc on a Winchester Select Energy trap O/U, 32" barrels. #2913 in line, so it may be a little while til I get to bring that one home. I'd been shopping around for a while, and that one really felt right. Made by FN in Belgium.

Here's some pics of the same one, not mine, but best pics I could find:
FS - Winchester Select Energy Trap 32"

Mine has an adjustable cheekpiece, tho.

Lesliet,

Congrats on finding the shotgun that you really like!

The trap club sounds like a really nice place to shoot with like minded people too.

Good shooting to you and take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews