JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember why I don't often use the forums, I do appreciate peoples input but alas people always seem to disregard details. ;)

Just to play Devils advocate,
Peoples "criteria" are not always realistic or attainable...

People "dissregard" your "details" because they are giving you thier first hand knowledge and may not actually have the info your looking for - this is a "community" discussion after all (even though you initiated it) and others reading the thread may glean some insight from this thread.

As long as people are not suggesting an AR pistol in .45 then I would say the rest of the posts have been very close to topic.

By the response you gave in your last post, it appears that you have already done the lions share of the research and there aren't any "secret" guns out thier that no one but a few have ever heard of (modern production pistols not historical pieces).

Also, the use of this forum is free so it hasn't cost you anything for all of this info (good or bad) other then to read some posts you deemed not worthy...

Now that that is over; I will reiterate my previous advice - go to the gun show and handle every .45 available, check prices, talk to the store owners etc. There will most likely be one of everything that is currently available on the market for you to inspect.

After your done with that and haven't found what you need (sounds like capacity is the issue) go look at the 9mm's cuz they have 50% or more capacity in the same size gun and it sounds as if you've already had experienced with that caliber as well.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

I remember why I don't often use the forums, I do appreciate peoples input but alas people always seem to disregard details. ;)
Just to play Devils advocate,
Peoples "criteria" are not always realistic or attainable...

People "dissregard" your "details" because they are giving you thier first hand knowledge and may not actually have the info your looking for - this is a "community" discussion after all (even though you initiated it) and others reading the thread may glean some insight from this thread.
Good answer Joe but how 'bout...it's the weberneter,get over it:confused:
I will reiterate my previous advice - go to the gun show and handle every .45 available,
As many have said,it's the best way to find what you are looking for. Take the suggestions given and go to the shows or a range that rents handguns,then you will have the best idea of what to buy
Someone will always take the thread off topic,just the way it is

For my carry piece I want 9+1 rounds - Not 7+1, not 8+1. I love my full size Colt XSE, but its simply too big for my 5'7" 170 frame short and pudgy. Yes, I know other people this size that carry a full size 1911 - I am glad you found a way to carry this in a reasonable manner.

TL;DR

I currently carry a Ruger SR9C - a double stack but very slim grip in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I use the flush 10 round magazine and carry the 17 round full SR9 magazine for spare.

My first pistol purchase at 21 was the Springfield XDSC in .40 and I became proficient with it. However, after years of shooting I like how I handle 9X19 or .45ACP - I have much faster follow up shots and target acquisition.

I lived in California my young adult life so never anticipated California would ever open up concealed carry under Bill Lockyer - that AG was horrible. I sold my springfield XD and my HK USPC 9 and picked up my Colt 1991 XSE. (Biggest mistake selling that HK USP Compact, I bought it from a LEO used for $500 - best deal ever and sold it, argh!)

I like modifying and playing with my AR, it almost seems like that half the fun in buying one. Or making a 10/22 a target shooter hitting flys off paper at 50 yards.

However, I don't feel this way about pistols I don't like to modify them unless its sights, refinish or an addition of a light to a rail. I can buy an XD Mod.2 3.3 45 and drop in a new trigger kit for 150 or get Springfield custom trigger job for about the same price. I am looking for a good trigger pull and reset out of the box.

Springfield Mod2 3.3 .45: $465.00 (trigger is about 7lbs stock with about half an inch reset)
Springfield Trigger Job 4.5-5.5 w/reduced reset: $150.00
Total Cost: $615.00

Glock 30 Gen4: $575 (trigger is about 5.5 stock with about a quarter inch reset)

Full frame guns are out for my concealed carry piece.

Compact 1911/1991 frames don't hold the capacity of .45 that I would like, 9+1, so lets move on from those.

The M&P is a good line-up; however the round capacity is 8+1 on their flush magazine and their trigger pull is about 7lbs factory, so this is a pass.

I want to make sure I am not leaving any good options out that fit within my criteria. :)

I don't believe that there is anything on the market that fits your specifications that you have laid out here in this thread.

It is hard for anyone to suggest a gun to you that does not exist.

Well I have the XD45 Mod 2 and while I am not in love with the trigger it is shootable. I did put a Powder River Trigger kit in the wife's Mod 2 Service and it is a big difference, but they don't have one yet for the 45 Mod 2. I think you will have a hard time with your quest.

Hey OP.I would like to put in a nice word for Ruger's Lightweight Commander. It is in my carry rotation and it is a keeper. IWB or OWB it is comfortable and within your price point.
I'd be thinking that Ruger or the Ruger American.. selling for $440 at NW Armory right now... were I any sort of .45 fan.

The Ruger American sucks. Who ever designed that grip has rocks in his head. The shape and width of the rear of the receiver beats the crap out of the thumb joint, in 9mm it is punishing in 45 it must be absolutely stupid. It is also heavy for a polymer pistol and recoils harder than it should (probably something to do with its lame shape).
Well at least it's not a Glock. lol

Yea, I made the task hard.... until I found and snatched up a NIB XD Mod2 45 for $435. At this price I couldn't pass it up and I won't feel bad dropping $150 for the trigger if it bugs me that much. It wasn't the essentials package but I plan to carry in an IWB and their gear seemed like fobus stuff that I am not keen on.

All that back and forth and I go with the XD with the "bad" trigger, pft. :oops:o_O Sry Guys!

personal disappointment with the G36 despite training extensively for the GSSF matches last year. Carries well enough concealed; certainly reliable.

If it's important (for instance) to be able to run the falling plate rack at 25' consider well how much training you will need to make it work for you.

45 acp is a great round, the small platform just didn't work well for my needs.

Good luck.

I have the mod 2 45. Springfield.
I have 4 Springfield xd.xdm.xds. and mod 2.
Love them all and use for personal carry and idpa and 3 gun. No upgrades.
If the trigger pull is an issue. Th en upgrade it. Foe personally I leave the gun as is for personal carry. And learn it well. I can keep up with the 1911 guys. But I a lso own glock. M& p. And stick with striker fire. I gave up on anything else. Best of luck guys

I would echo Ron's comments on the M&P 45C, but with the Apex you go over budget. I would still consider it as the trigger is good for a stock pull, I think mine measured about 8 lbs as I recall, and you can get the Apex later. Going to a gun show or shop and trying is a great idea. I have small hands too and the 45C works fine as it comes with the adjustable backstraps.

I know people will scoff,but I carry a Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro in .45,and it hasn't failed in any way even once.Taurus did have some major issues with the early Millennium series,and that kind of killed their rep.But as long as it has the word "Pro" somewhere,it's a nice,inexpensive 10rd .45 in a compact package...

I want to carry a .45 for my conceal carry pistol.

I am looking for something $600.00 or less with a factory trigger pull of 4.0-6.0 and short take up, I have a requirement of 9 round flush magazine for conceal purposes with a 3.75 inch barrel or shorter. I have small hands, for example a CZ75Compact had too far of a trigger reach for me to fire it accurately but I can shoot a 1911 like I have skill.

What are your suggestions?

You told us about your hands but not about body shape. However, I would select a three in. bbl, "Officer's model, 6-round flush mag, with a couple of 10s in a pocket. Mine is a Rock Island 1911 A1 CS. The small-of-the-back holster is a Galco F119 WCD, thumb break runs under the cocked and locked hammer. Good wishes to you,
berk

All that back and forth and I go with the XD with the "bad" trigger, pft. :oops:o_O Sry Guys!

That's all part of the fun! :s0104:

Buying a gun is like finding a wife... it's gotta be a good fit.

I find it interesting that you use an SR9c (I love mine! I also have a Glock, a Para, and a ported .357 snubbie), yet you never mentioned the SR45. I'm just wondering why. ???

That's all part of the fun! :s0104:

Buying a gun is like finding a wife... it's gotta be a good fit.

I find it interesting that you use an SR9c (I love mine! I also have a Glock, a Para, and a ported .357 snubbie), yet you never mentioned the SR45. I'm just wondering why. ???
Obviously because it doesn't have a 3.3" long barrel like he originally wanted.
lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads