Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Input needed for first Can.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by John H, Feb 24, 2015.

1. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Anybody have any input for the following cans?

YHM Phantom SS M2 QD 5.56
    Kestrel 5.56 DT
    ACC 556SD QD

pretty much be dedicated to a 5.45 AR

2. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

Is "pretty much" mean that it will be needed on other calibers?

I run a 30 caliber can on my .556 and it works great. With a 30 cal can I can use it on my hunting rifles too.

skydiver, jbett98 and Stomper like this.
  3. John H

Well that is the only thing I have planned for it, is that one AR. I could use on a 5.56 too.

Since I don't have any 30 cal stuff, I prefer to stick the smaller 5.56 can, some of those 30 cals cans can get up there.

4. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If your wanting a light durable can, I'd take a close look at the silencerco Omega. You could get it in 30cal and still be lighter that most 556.

5. Liberty97045

Liberty97045 Oregon City Well-Known Member

OK - a note on ARs and suppressors.
    On a standard AR with a can you may experience lots of extra fumes in your face.
    Either a piston gun or an adjustable gas block is the cure.

6. John H

Ok Changed the list a little bit.

7. John H

I have looked at the Omega but I going to wait to it has some more testing. It is light, but that is about all it has.

8. Misternt

Misternt Salem Area Active Member

The omega is also pretty short and from a trustworthy company. You can also change the end caps on the Omega. Silencerco will be releasing a 5.56 endcap for the suppressor. The biggest issue is that it's a brand new can and doesn't have much in the way of reviews yet.

9. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    jbett98 likes this.
  10. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Just remember this wont be your last can ;) Once you buy one you are hooked and they just multiply....

11. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I would look at the YHM Ti 5.56 can at 12 oz it's quite a bit lighter and if you are not mounting on a SBR 18oz is going to suck at the end of a 16" barrel. Heavier suppressor will also have an more of an effect on POA POI shift.

I would not buy a rifle suppressor that is able to be taken apart unless it was a 22. It's really not needed. If you look up AAC 51t wobble make sure you understand the complaints / concerns with the mounting system before purchasing. I have no personal experience with AAC other than what I have read. I do have experience with YHM, Surefire, SWR. I prefer my Surefire Mini to the YHM. I like the mounting system better and overall, I like the Surefire can better. But the YHM Ti cans are really nice.

Also, form a Trust (really easy) and put the can in the Trust. If you have kids, family they can benefit from it as well. If you just register it to you, well then, it's just you.