JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am getting an H&R in .308 (22" bull bbl) and need a scope for it.
I am not very knowledgeable about scopes, so I need some advice.
I would like to keep it under $250
I would like it to be a fixed 10x
I would like it to be a mill dot.
This is what I would like, but I don't know what I can get in that price range with those features that will not be junk.
Any suggestions would be great.

I would suggest the Bushnell 3200 fixed 10x. It is one heck of a scope for $200. Check one out and compare the clarity to a more expensive scope. The super snipers have an adjustable objective and a 30mm tube. I really dont feel it is that is needed on a fixed 10x scope for most purposes. The H&R is a fairly compact gun and I think the size of the Bushnell 10x would be a good match.

The Bushnell 3200 sounds like a good match for that rifle. You would need to spend double that before you started seeing any meaningful increase in clarity.

The SWFA has a good following if you can swing the extra bucks. The rear focus is a nice option, target knobs, mil dot. It's twice the price of the Bushnell, you need to decide if the options are worth it to you.

OK, I ended up with the Ultra, in .223:p The .308was NOT avalable in my area, not even for order:eek: So I will be sending out the recever next week to get the .308 bbl fitted.
I am looking to get my feet wet in the long range target shooting arena with this gun.
I plan to start out around the 200yrd range and work my way up to the 500-600yrd range. I don't know if I can even find a place to shoot 600yrd in my area, let alone anything more.:p
So I'm thinking I will go cheep on the scope for the .223 bbl, and spend around $220 for the .308.
I'm finding that the fixed 10x is not that easy to get. I would not mind a vari. power so much, so long as it will go to 10x or more. I have seen a few that start at 10x and go up to 40 or 50. That would be great, so long as it will keep a zero with the recoil of the .308, and be clear at the high power.
Not asking much for the money am I :s0114::s0114:

Check out the Nikon line... their long history of camera and cinema optics puts them at a distinct advantage for design, development, production, and quality control, at a far lower price/benefit ratio than anyone else, to my thinking.

Their Buckmark line offers two types of reticle, comes in 3 x 9, 4.5 x 14, and a few other options, and most are a 40 mm objective lens for super bright viewing. Their guarantee is one of the best in the industry. Sportsmans' Warehouse, right there in Medford, stock a pretty full line for you to check out. I've only seen one price on any given model of Nikon scope, so shopping for a better price is futile. I believe most of the Buckmark line price at just over $250, a touch more dear than you had hoped, but not much. Nitrogen filled for long life, super sharp and clear, perfect colour rendition.... smooth works for the zoom and focus.....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top