Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

inpudent on arrival?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by thorborg, May 20, 2014.

1. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

Wow! That raises so many concerns on so many levels.

I can't wait for the media to proclaim this technology as the best thing since sliced bread.
    You can be assured the media will roll it out with appropriate fanfare benefiting mankind.

I fear the cost of this technology will price these smart guns out of reach for the average Joe. In that case only the elite will enjoy the right of self defense.

Being that we have a new generation of electronic technology every few years, I wonder what else is coming down the pike?

3. thorborg

I assume you read this in the article;
    "You may recall that New Jersey’s “smart gun” mandate goes into effect the moment a single example is offered for commercial sale anywhere in the United States."

4. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Every time a "smart gun" article comes up, I'm making sure to share the patent info.
    Along with a bit of "it's only a matter of time until a bored hacker makes an app to turn it off. Or worse, cause the gun to fire remotely without the owner having any control!!" for those on the gun-control side who don't know much about how guns work.

bnsaibum and Redcap like this.
  5. ctcdesigner

ctcdesigner PDX New Member

I bet the government would love to have us armed with guns they could turn off when it suited them.

6. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

It will take only a few hours after the first one hits consumer hands.

7. thorborg

but then, having gotten rid of the heritage seed stock and now finding the smart tree deffective, there goes everything since you can never go back.

8. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Is there anyone who understands German enough to translate? Google translate sucks a big one for accuracy. I would be interested to see if the patent actually mentions GPS and satellite control as it seems to in sections [0029] and [0030].

google English version

google German version

German pdf

9. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

If these are the answer to all gun violence and theft, when will the police be mandated to start carrying these?