Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Innovative Re-Purposing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by teflon97239, May 1, 2011.

1. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Went to mow my sweetheart's lawn yesterday and started looking for the earmuffs to help preserve what little hearing I have left. Never found them, but I came across a very usable solution, Nerf bullets. Comfortable and effective. The trick is to remember you're still wearing them when other projects involve contact with people, like a stop at the store.

Got to thinking about some of the other "make-do" things people come up with (beyond Crown Royal bags), alternate uses for everyday items.

Might be an interesting thread to share some of those here. Bonus cool points for anything cheap that works just as well as something else that costs a lot more.
    NerfPlugs.jpg

2. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

I had a friend create a "hands free" phone headset by tying his cordless phone to his head with a sock!

3. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

I've made firestarters from old egg crates & TP/Paper towel rolls, dryer lint & wax. All items typically trashed or recycled.

4. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I made feeders for my chickens out of scrap pieces of gutter and hang them with s hooks.

5. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

6. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

My kids and I did just this thing a couple days ago. Good for starting up the woodstove with only one match and miniscule prep time.

7. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Just for fun...