Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Inland gets new home

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by shadycon, Nov 1, 2009.

1. shadycon

shadycon sw Va. Member

!st production run Inland [400xxx] moves from 2nd variation M1a1 stock to Type 2 OI stock.Now 95% Inland. 2nd production run Underwood [2,771xxx] Moves from OI stock to Type 3 LW stock. Now 95% Underwood.

Underwood.100_0632.jpg

2. usrifle

usrifle washington Member

Nice carbines.
    usrifle

3. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Very nice!

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a .30 carbine. Really weak caliber for a military rifle, but I've just always thought they were cool. Actually, I don't think they were ever meant to be a mainstay battle rifle. I seem to remember that they were put into service as a replacement for Officers 1911 sidearms. It's actually a pretty hot pistol caliber and Ruger used to make a .30 Carbine Blackhawk.

5. smonk

smonk Oregon Member

That's another good example of a Rifle/Pistol combination. A M1 Carbine and a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. 2 guns 1 caliber. Good combo!

6. shadycon

shadycon sw Va. Member

The .30 carbine is basicaly equal to a .357 mag.I was not made to be a main battle rifle-M1 Garand had that spot. It was to be a lightweight close combat weapon. It's not a pistal round, but Ruger chambered the blackhawk for it. I have one and it's awsome.