JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I know we have two other threads about this, but they are PAGES long and I think it would be good to have one central place for us to track. This is the LARGEST and most disparaging piece of proposed legislation to ever hit Oregon.

KEEP THIS ON TOPIC AND ONLY FOR INFORMATION DIRECTLY REGARDING ITS STATUS.

Current Status: Reinstated as Initiative 43

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it seems like it might be dead in it's current form. Thread closed. For now. :)

Section 7 was put in as a blanket to keep this alive, it specifies that if any particular section is stricken as unconstitutional, the remaining portions remain in effect, vs the entire law being stricken. Its a lawyer move because they KNOW it would get tossed by SCOTUS as it is clearly a violation of multiple civil rights.

SECTION 7. If any provision of this Act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the invalidity does not affect other provisions or applications of this Act which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this Act are severable. The people hereby declare that they would have adopt ed this Chapter, notwithstanding the unconstitutionality, invalidity and ineffectiveness of any one of its articles, sections, subsections, sentences or clauses. SECTION 8. This Act shall take effect on January 1, 2019.

Section 7 was put in as a blanket to keep this alive, it specifies that if any particular section is stricken as unconstitutional, the remaining portions remain in effect, vs the entire law being stricken. Its a lawyer move because they KNOW it would get tossed by SCOTUS as it is clearly a violation of multiple civil rights.
This was already included in the previous submission.

What has changed is that Pastor Mark Knutson from Augustana Lutheran Church is no longer named as a Chief Petitioner. It's now Walter John Knutson who is obviously a relative. This may be a result of the multiple IRS complaints filed against Mark

What has changed is that Pastor Mark Knutson from Augustana Lutheran Church is no longer named as a Chief Petitioner. It's now Walter John Knutson who is obviously a relative. This may be a result of the multiple IRS complaints filed against Mark

I believe Walter was listed as a Chief Petitioner on the first version (42) along with Cabana and Boozer.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 3.11.45 PM.png

Walter John Knutson is the first listed Chief Petitioner on both 42 and 43, I have them both printed out. Also, the number for him is still listed as the church. Additionally, if you go to the church's website and read the bio on the pastor, Rev. W. J. Mark Knutson is how it is listed. I believe it is still the same person and pastor. Keep up contact with the IRS!!!

Aparently Knutson needs 3 names. Walter John Knutson is his legal name, how he gets "Mark" from any is beyond me. It kinda pisses me off hes bastardizing the name, as thats my first name...

Trying to hide his identity, nothing more! The IRS will be looking at both him and his church closely, count on it!:):):)
Sneaky, but ineffective, the State and the IRS will put it all together, still, keeping up the pressure is a good thing! That's something to look at, his name change on the paperwork filed with the State, falsifying documents knowingly should earn him a hard slap at the least! Maybe a call to the local Sheriffs office should be made, from a concerned citizen!:D

The pastor's name thing is interesting, and it sounds like it threw me. Thanks to those who cleared that up.

I just filed a new complaint with the language below, and included a screenshot from their website showing the proud pastor with a "Staff" link and advertising the 3/15 press conference at their church. I had to capture that while it was still there.

"Mr. Knutson hosted a press conference in the sanctuary of Augustana Lutheran Church on 3/15/2018 to promote Oregon statewide initiative petition 42 ahead of filing this initiative on 3/19/2018 with the Oregon Secretary of State; Mr. Knutson is named as a Chief Petitioner on this initiative under the name Walter John Knutson and listed the church phone number as his contact information regarding the initiative. On 3/22/2018 the Chief Petitioners withdrew initiative petition 42 and refiled it as initiative petition 43 with minor changes. As Chief Petitioner, Mr. Knutson is engaged in ongoing efforts to obtain signatures on the petition necessary to get this initiative on the November ballot."

Pastor Knutson, Augustana Lutheran Church, hosts press conference to promote ballot initiative.PNG

Last Edited:
You can always write to '[email protected]' since he weighed in.
"We recognize that there are perfectly legitimate uses of guns for self-protection and hunting that make a lot of sense," said Rabbi Michael Z. Cahana of Congregation Beth Israel and one of petitioners.
"But assault weapons are not used for either of those purposes. Many of these weapons exist only for killing and do not belong in civilian hands."

Dan

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class