JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new here and this board was suggested to me by someone on another board, I hope you folks can help. My 73 old mother has decided she'd like to be able to protect herself. She lives in Tigard and I'm hoping someone here can at least recommend a shop/range where she can can figure out what she might like and how to actually own it responsibly, she mentioned carrying it in her purse and I told her to slow her roll. She mentioned the local PD course but I'd rather she get some actual training first. I told her if she jumps through the hoops I'd buy her her first gun as a birthday present. Maybe she just goes to the range for an afternoon. Any help is appreciated.

Don't live down your way but, LOVE the way you are going at this!! Yes she should have a gun. Yes she should carry. Yes she should take some classes. Then best thing is find a range with rentals to take her to a few times. These are the ONLY way to let a new shooter decide. Cheaper than buying and finding out they do not like what they bought and fun at the same time. I am sure some here who live around there can point you in the right direction but again, congrats that you are doing this the right way.

He said she lives in Tigard that's Oregon.
If I was you I would take Steve up on his offer.
Cerberus Foundation class would be great for her.

You could ago to the NRA web sight and look for basic courses in your area. Courses are pretty basic, but might be just what an elderly, new gun owner needs. Lots of listings for Douglas Ridge and Tri County.

I ran across this site: https://www.pun.org/schools.html

Anyone know anything about the listed places?
If their info about some of the other locations is as up-to-date as what they have for Firearms Academy of Seattle, I'd double and triple-check everything.

Heck, they say that Thunder Ranch is in the process of moving from Texas to Oregon, and IIRC that happened back in 2004 or 2005?

If their info about some of the other locations is as up-to-date as what they have for Firearms Academy of Seattle, I'd double and triple-check everything.

Heck, they say that Thunder Ranch is in the process of moving from Texas to Oregon, and IIRC that happened back in 2004 or 2005?
Yeah that is old, I remember seeing years ago. Several of the links no longer work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top