JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently inherited an assortment of firearms from my grandfather. Long guns and handguns. He was a Washington state resident, and I'm located in Oregon. I have no record/idea of where they were purchased or if they were registered. Legally, do I have any obligations before using, and or selling (just the beaters)?

First part of march I went to Idaho to pick up my Grandfathers shotgun. Put the shotgun in my pickup and came home. Firearm is a 1912 Baker Bativa double barrel 12 ga. Good cleaning and fired a box of rounds through it. Turkey hunting now, its in my pickup. My Rem 870 is in the gun locker. If I don't get a turkey with it my Grandpa and dad will be disappointed in me.

I recently inherited an assortment of firearms from my grandfather. Long guns and handguns. He was a Washington state resident, and I'm located in Oregon. I have no record/idea of where they were purchased or if they were registered. Legally, do I have any obligations before using, and or selling (just the beaters)?

No registration in WA or OR. I don't even think you need to do any transfers as you inherited them.

It's Federal Law. Where you might get into difficulty is if the weapon you are inheiritng is an NFA item. You would still have to apply for a tax stamp in your name for your SBR, SBS, Full auto.

If the person you are inheiriting the firearms from lives in the US, and thay are not NFA items....just pick them up and take them home.

What are you talking about. NFA or normal weapons? NFA, yes, you have to get your own tax stamp..Non-NFA...there is no registration in OR, WA, ID, MT or any other western state. The only places I know you have to register anything normal you inheiret is WDC and NYC.

In Alex post he said nothing about NFA weapons i dont understand y people just cant answer a simple question with a simple answer.
If he would of posted a question saying he had some NFA guns what do i do? Then i would of answered in more detail.

In Alex post he said nothing about NFA weapons i dont understand y people just cant answer a simple question with a simple answer.
If he would of posted a question saying he had some NFA guns what do i do? Then i would of answered in more detail.

Then why did you post they need to be registered, when there is no registry?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top